cost of sohal tang

wooden_reefer

What is a typical cost of a five inch sohal tang in the Southern California LFS? (as above "Reef Central")

I don't mean ordering online, which I think is more costly.

I can buy one for what I believe is a very low price and want to know whether it is worth the trouble.

150$ give or tank but like mentioned above the tank size you will need is where the real money is

Is 240 gal 8 foot tank big enough?

What fish will it not harm?

Member Rea17 had one in her 520g and removed it because she thought it needed a bigger tank, she had a lot of tangs though so it may work in a 240g but that's the smallest I would attempt one in

Sohals can be evil. I had one in my 240. It acted very calm and peaceful. But if you watched it closely when it didn't know you were looking, it would go up next to another fish like nothing was going on and then slash the heck out of the other fish, then swim off like nothing happened. It killed my Achilles. I got rid of it and do not want another.

Sohal tangs and clown triggers are two fish to stay away from in my opinion due to their aggressiveness. Had a shoal a long time ago in my old 240 and he was a terror. Beautiful fish but will never get another one.

Sohal tangs and clown triggers are two fish to stay away from in my opinion due to their aggressiveness. Had a shoal a long time ago in my old 240 and he was a terror. Beautiful fish but will never get another one.

A clown trigger in a species tank is fun. However I would never try to put another fish in with it.

I personally have not had any issues with clown triggers but I always purchase the tiny ones and put them in with large angels and tangs that can fend for themselves. Sohals on the other hand I stay away from.

Thanks

May be the sohal is too much fish

Well, they seem to be fine for about 4-5 years and then go psycho. I don't know if it is a tank size issue, however. I had a friend keeping one in a 1200 gallon tank, and it seemed fine but it was only for a couple of years and it was only about six inches at that point.

Back