Couple questions about 6305

bpcardona

Trying to hard
So I recently purchase a couple tunze 6305's. I will be putting these in a 210g mixed reef system. I have a couple of question i was hoping to get help with.

I have read a few thread talking about the problem encountered with the stated flow from theses pumps. What do I need to know about this issue? Was there a fix to this problem?

Also I don't think I am going to have room from the magnets on the outside of the tank. I have about 1/2" clearance on each side. Does tunze still have the brackets style holders for this pump? With not does anyone have any other creative ideals?

There is no fix, we cancelled these pumps and 6255 is the replacement but to get higher flow the entire pump had to be redesigned and we will offer a discounted upgrade to 6255 when the upgrade kits are ready (about 2 weeks we should start to get them in). For a tank your size, I think they are plenty strong as it is.

Perhaps you could mount them on the overflows? Otherwise it is possible to piece together a rail set and bracket, you would need to order a couple items to piece such a set together.

There is no fix, we cancelled these pumps and 6255 is the replacement but to get higher flow the entire pump had to be redesigned and we will offer a discounted upgrade to 6255 when the upgrade kits are ready (about 2 weeks we should start to get them in). For a tank your size, I think they are plenty strong as it is.

Perhaps you could mount them on the overflows? Otherwise it is possible to piece together a rail set and bracket, you would need to order a couple items to piece such a set together.

Thank so much ( as always) for the quick reply. I will not be the original owner of these pumps, so would I still be able to get the upgrade?

I currently have to smaller tunze place in the overflow boxes. They certainly work this way but seem to be louder. Also I want these larger pump to create a wave in the tank and believe it best if they are on each end. Great suggestion, thanks.

Also where can I find the rail and bracket setup? Just want to plan ahead, price and design

Yes, you would.

You would need these parts, 3000.250 and 6080.520, this would get the pump about 6" below the surface, you can extend it 7" with a 3000.260.

Okay so I received the pumps, and there is no way they will fit. So I need two sets of the rials and brackets. Can I buy from you?

Hi Roger,

I have 2 of the 6305's and I'm interested in upgrading them to the 6255.
Is this upgrade possible, and if so can you please let me know about cost and how I would go about ordering.

Thanks,
Ed

Back