Current-USA Sundial T5HO

FintasticCT

Not sure how many of you out there like Current-USA products, but they just came out with a new product. The Sundial T5HO.

Whats great about this light, is that it is made especialy for the use under standard canopies, with no fans needing to be added.

It also has moon lights, and two built in timers.

Just thought I would share...

I like (and use) their products in general. If I remember correctly, the Sundial T5HO's don't come longer than 48". I think they would be great for users who have smaller tanks that have canopies.

Don't mean to steal your thread, but have you looked at the Nova Extreme Pro? They (and the distributors) are out of stock and expect a shipment into the USA some time first week of Feb. When talking about a year ago with one of the VPs, he claimed this light beats the Tek T5 lights. Those seem to be really nice ... also just trying to share.

I have mostly Current stuff at school and have been very happy with all of the fixtures (PC/s, T-5, and halides). It does seem that everyone has the "best" lights but my corals grow and what else could I ask for... except maybe faster growth?

im actually going to use the 24" one on my new 15. i should have it ordered in a week or two, ill let you all know how it is

I do not have any instock, these were ordered for clients who either upgraded their lighting or aquariums... We can get them though :)

yea the new nova extreme is pretty sweet for the price! it has individual reflectors vs the teklight "wanabe" individual/single reflector... so yea it is def going to deliver more par! and of course their fixtures are really nice looking ;)

I bought this light for my 24" 15 gallon. So far, it is easy to use and the light looks very good. It is too soon to tell what kind of growth it will yield. It does give an easy way to set up 24 hour lighting effects.

I researched the Nova Extreme Pro and they are not building a 24" model nor do they have plans to.

I think, like the Nova Extreme Pro, we will find out a lot of info on these new lights in the near future.

Do they make a Sundial with 6 54W T5's? Looking at either a retrofit kit or something that fits under my existing canopy. Would love it if they made a 6 bulb setup.

Question: Why can't the Nova Extreme Pros be placed under a canopy? I understand that fans are at the end instead of the back like the Sundial. My current canopy has two fan holes on each end that would allow the nova fans to pull air. Besides that am I missing something. Just trying to avoid another retrofit of T5s

Back