Custom tank build

sweet2004r1

Building my dream tank from scratch.. Just thought I would share what its looking like so far
2q1cv88.jpg

This is how I brought the tank home LOL
4k8lcj.jpg

Here is the silicone 5 tubes of RTV103 and 3 tubes of RTV108
23h668x.jpg

Here is the tank minuets after siliconing and setting the jigs
2uh61j6.jpg

Currently I have removed all clamps and the wooden base jig and will be letting the tank sit for about 3 weeks before water testing.. In the mean time I will be cleaning up the sloppy spots of silicone and installing the euro braces.

Also need to start curing my rock

This is my holding system for my fish and coral.. It works like this, The 37 gallon (on the stand) drains down into the 55 gallon into the "filter chamber" which houses my G3 skimmer Gfo reactor and lots and lots of plastic pot scrubbies from the dollar store. Im using the pot scrubbies because there is very very little live rock in the holding system because im hitting the reset button with my live rock.. Im running a wp40 in the 55 gallon to keep all the sps happy.. The water is then pumped from the 55 back up to the 37 gallon and so on and on. Hope that made sense.
2qantxs.jpg

This is a cool build its going to be be a great reef. I hate the transition time when the tank is sitting on the floor i went through that over the summer. Good luck with the build

Looking awesome! YT vids are awesome too! Lemme know if you need help lifting that bad boy... you have to get out of the tank first thou :)

Back