cyano outbreak

jaylensdad06

Id like to know if n e one has had any success using chemi pure to help with cyano? all of the research I have done says its básically a type of carbon. I dont have any reactors as of yet. and I broke my tank that I planed on using for a refugium. I dont have any other algea that I can see. I do have a couple tangs and I heard carbón is bad for tangs. id like to not stress my fish but want to jump on thé cyano before it gets to big. my plan is a 20 gallon water change then throw a couple bags of chemipure élite in thé sump. any suggestions?

I used cemi pure about 4 months ago and it worked like a charm. It got rid of small cyano problem I had and so far it hasn't come back.

I have three tangs and no harm to them at all.

I'm not a big fan of chemical solutions. Good husbandry and tank maturation will often cure cyano problems.

I had tangs for years and ran carbon, some say it contributes to HLLE but I have never seen that myself.

i have big thick mats of cyano, so thick it looks black.... but it only grows in my refuge. I'll probably try to get rid of it one day.

I've seen a lot of posts about people having good results with chemi-clean... I would rather use a non-chemical solution though

Last edited:
Back