DAS skimmer club

Wow! I did it, I will be forever immortalized! I am the guy who made it split. You may all have an autographed picture, just contact my agent.

I just got the new DAS ex-1 in today from petorama.

Let me just say that this new skimmer makes the first one look like a saint! Needless to say I just took peices from both of them to make 1 "good" skimmer.

The ex-1 is going through a leak test in the kitchen.

Does anyone know what the best dialin for the air intake part is?

I will post some pictures up soon

Thanks

-Matthew

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11189103#post11189103 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by carlos_fb
Matthew, don't forget to test the cup for leaks too.

Thanks, I am testing it right now.

-Matthew

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11189420#post11189420 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by nattydread
ANyone have orca make them an EX-1? Is the build quality signifigantly better?
I'm sure it would cost more, i know he has built some ex-3 in the past.

If you want something built like a tank get the H&S a150-2001. It just about the same skimmer as the ex-1 but just a little bigger.

http://www.finsreef.com/product.php?productid=16142&cat=254&page=1

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11189970#post11189970 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Ding2daDong
What is the best pump to run through the ex-1?

Thanks

-Matthew
The best would be to plump it off your overflow. ;)

If you want a pump, maxijet 900 should work well.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11190169#post11190169 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by USC-fan
I'm sure it would cost more, i know he has built some ex-3 in the past.

If you want something built like a tank get the H&S a150-2001. It just about the same skimmer as the ex-1 but just a little bigger.

http://www.finsreef.com/product.php?productid=16142&cat=254&page=1

The best would be to plump it off your overflow. ;)

If you want a pump, maxijet 900 should work well.

The only problem with plumbing off the overflow is that I have 3 overfows because I have 2 frag tanks and 1 display.

I guess maxijet 900 then.

Thanks

-Matthew

Matthew, I can't beleive you got another lemon. I wonder what is going on. I am just glad mine arrived safely.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11189076#post11189076 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Ding2daDong
Does anyone know what the best dialin for the air intake part is?

At first I had to close mine by about 25% (with mesh mod), after I switched to the stock impeller I was able to run it 100% with a slight restriction by reducing it to 1/4" RO tubing at the end - also helps silence the sound.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11191257#post11191257 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by WDWDen
Matthew, I can't beleive you got another lemon. I wonder what is going on. I am just glad mine arrived safely.

I wonder if they are out of stock and now sending returns or QC casualties or shipping from the "only if we have to" pile. That would suck.

Back