DE bulb replacement

RokleM

Premium Member
How often do you replace your DE's? I have two 250w Hamilton 14k's running on a BlueWave7, . There aren't any SPS in the tank, so uber-bright isn't a concern. As it is, it's slight overkill for the 58.

My BW7, 400w, SE Radium's I've been swapping at about 5-6 months.

I have been running a phoenix 14K 250 wfor about 10 months now and have had better the growth out of my softies and lps the last 4 months compared to the first 6.

I've replaced them over my display rather often. 6 months'ish
Partly because I would get bored with the color and partly because they seem to shift color.

I cant say about the hamys but Phoenix and Aquaconnects start turning more blue after 6+ months. I dont think they lose intensity as much as they just shift color...

Now over my frag tank, I plan to just use a up a bunch of old bulbs I've had sitting around. Until they just get really dim or burn out. :D ...For the same reason you said, Uber lighting isnt my concern.

Heres a good read if you havnt seen it yet.

My bulb has changed color over the last few months to a little more on the blue spectrum. I am still comfortable with the color. I am trying to see how long the bulb can promote good growth.

Back