Thinking about switching from T5 to LED

I switched from metal halide and t5 to LED can't go wrong

radians are like the iPhone of thlll reef industry no one ever keeps them as long as they could go because they are status symbols so must be upgraded whenever a new model comes out :)

Sent from my LG-Q710AL using Tapatalk

Truth.

No regrets switching to Radion Gen 4 Pros and would recommend running more closer together at lower power to limit shadowing. I have 10 on my 400 max power usage is 338 watts at my Peak Lighting for all 10. I Follow the Coral Plus Lighting a little modified, less red, and none of the Yellow/White looking channel. Most everything does very well with some exceptions, Space Invaders has not done that great under LED, but it may be my fish because I do have some Angels. My Chiller rarely runs and my Electric bill dropped $200 per month average when I switched to all LED.

The Corals that grow great shadow the ones that do not so I have found that I end up with less variants and larger colonies. I once in a While cut some sections out to plant grown out frags, but starting to think i may need to add more flow as the tank is getting pretty full.

I do not feed corals, but think I may start as I have had some of the larger colonies start to die at the base where they get very little light.

I would probably wait for the Next Gen Radion to come out at this point if you are doing on large system, I know i will end up switching out mine when the Gen 5 comes out. So I will have 10 units that have only been run at 30% available when they have been out for a few months.

I switched from metal halide and t5 to LED can't go wrong

radians are like the iPhone of thlll reef industry no one ever keeps them as long as they could go because they are status symbols so must be upgraded whenever a new model comes out :)

Sent from my LG-Q710AL using Tapatalk

Dead serious haha
Gen 4 pro or bust smh

Back