Dead spots in DT?

Jeremy1988

Hey guys...so I have a 90 gallon...it is 36*24*24...so its got some height and depth to it, but not long. So The tank is over a year old...phosphates are at zero...per a salferit test kit, and nitrates stay under 5PPM...its a reef tank and I get some GHA that grows in the front left and right sections of the LR? You can all imagine my LR does not go super high...it probably goes up a foot and that's it...and my POWERHEAD are each on the top left and right of the tank and kinda point down ward in a crisscross pattern. Which I think works pretty well...I run an 18 Watt UV sterilizer made by emperor aquatics, so top of the line and DO have it set up properly, and it stays on I guess 8 hours a day...maybe longer. Do you guys think I just need to add two little baby powerheads around those rocks like something that puts out 200-300GPH? Or what do you think that's from...I feel like its dead spots but idk...

Well...you can see it better than we can envision it. Do you see detritus,etc... settling in any of those areas? If so get more flow..

Back