Death at Walmart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Army_JAG

In Memoriam
I was walking through Walmart and I had to stop and take a few pictures. While I hate paying premium prices for fish and corals from websites and my LFS all I can say after seeing this is: unacceptable! Remember these "pets" are alive and feel pain.

I have dubbed the fishtank section at Walmart "The Auschwitz Tank"

I hope no one is offended by my title, if so let me know and I will remove it.

Hinesville-20110629-00039.jpg

Think they overfed a little?

Hinesville-20110629-00038.jpg

Hinesville-20110629-00036.jpg

Attachments

• Hinesville-20110629-00038.jpg
    Hinesville-20110629-00038.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Hinesville-20110629-00036.jpg
    Hinesville-20110629-00036.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 0
  • Hinesville-20110629-00039.jpg
    Hinesville-20110629-00039.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 1
comparing about 30 dead fish to over a million murdered people is a little insensitive. just saying.

Poor fish :( You know that is more fish than I have killed during my years of reef keeping and freshwater keeping combined. I'm not perfect and have made horrible mistakes. For instance forgot to raise the guard on my HOB skimmer today and my lawnmower blenny got sucked up this morning, thankfully he survived. Anyway I agree with smbrach, they need to hire experienced employees or at least ones that give a crap.

the walmarts in our area don't sell fish anymore probably for this reason. glad to see some have moved on. I do faintly remember going to walmart as a kid and seeing hamsters in a wheel barrel for sale... could have been my imagination but probably not lol

comparing about 30 dead fish to over a million murdered people is a little insensitive. just saying

I left my sensativity in Iraq, just a piece of knowledge while I am off topic, those countries don't acknowledge that the Holocaust even happened. Like I said, if it offends you, tell me and I will take it off, but please don't call me insensative.

Last edited:
Poor fish You know that is more fish than I have killed during my years of reef keeping and freshwater keeping combined. I'm not perfect and have made horrible mistakes. For instance forgot to raise the guard on my HOB skimmer today and my lawnmower blenny got sucked up this morning, thankfully he survived. Anyway I agree with smbrach, they need to hire experienced employees or at least ones that give a crap.

the walmarts in our area don't sell fish anymore probably for this reason. glad to see some have moved on. I do faintly remember going to walmart as a kid and seeing hamsters in a wheel barrel for sale... could have been my imagination but probably not lol

It is a shame, I have submitted a complaint through Walmart.com, we will see if it gets anywhere

I don't either...Only two things I have to get from there but I make the wife go...that place disgusts me...:headwalls:

I am proud to say I have not stepped into a Walmart in years! There are quite a few people out there who won't shop there once you start asking.

If you think your average LFS has fewer losses, you'd be mistaken. Walmart's crime is not removing the dead quickly enough.

If you honestly knew what the mortality rate was in the industry, you'd likely stop keeping fish. For every one that makes it alive in your tank, hundreds die.

Its Walmart, who is going to shoot down one of the largest tax providers for our nation?

How true!

Although it is very sad but when one employee gets super low pay and watches possibly two or more departments because workmates called in for what ever. Even if they cared, the time is not there to do anything about. Course there is always that option for them to go chew the manager's butt and be unemployed.

This is a real part of life now folks. Should it be changed? Heck yes, but who of us have the $$$$$$$$ to file that lawsuit and win?

that is disgusting & why any of the employees didn't think to pull them out of the tank is beyond me, but then again I don't make minimum wage where I work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back