Deep Blue 80 gallon rimless build.

I have the DB 30 gallon rimless cube and I'm going back and forth on this tank or a 120. I'm thinking the extra height will allow for larger fish. looks great bud. why didn't you use the bulkhead in the overflow for your return? is that a herbie style? just curious on why you went that route

I have the DB 30 gallon rimless cube and I'm going back and forth on this tank or a 120. I'm thinking the extra height will allow for larger fish. looks great bud. why didn't you use the bulkhead in the overflow for your return? is that a herbie style? just curious on why you went that route

I went the full siphon route for my drain so the 3/4inch bulkhead is my emergency drain. It is completley silent. I hear the pump on my skimmer more than anything else on the whole system. 120's are nice but a little taller than I want to go at this point. The tallest I would want to go is 20'' I love the look of a shallow tank!

Man i can already see it now...

550_Amazon_Sword_Echinodorus_amazonicus.e.jpg

hahahahaha! That is EPIC!! Gonna be great when I get some Dwarf Sag. to cover the foreground and some Anubias Nana to spread on the rocks.

Sunday project accomplished.

RO/DI system mounted to wall in laundry room. Will finish installing filters, running lines and organizing wires tomorrow evening.

Hey how'd you like the 80 rimless? Why'd you get rid of it so quickly? What would you do differently/change? Im thinking about getting the same tank and was admiring your setup!! I think I'm gonna do full siphon as well. Let me know your thoughts in hindsight. Thanks

Hey how'd you like the 80 rimless? Why'd you get rid of it so quickly? What would you do differently/change? Im thinking about getting the same tank and was admiring your setup!! I think I'm gonna do full siphon as well. Let me know your thoughts in hindsight. Thanks

Ended up moving.... setting up again... moving once again after buying a house and upgraded. Build thread to come on the upgrade once I make some more moves. Was a great tank. Now it is back in its original owners hands NWEST.

Back