Deluxe or Supermarin in smaller models ?

abhishek@1985

Hi Slief,

Am a happy BK Double Cone 150 on my 90 gallon acro only tank. Lokking for an upgrade in the near future with a 150 gallon system and a 44 gallon sump .
Needless to say, I want a Bubble King. I have always been fascinated by the flagship models - deluxe and supermarin . I held one of the deluxe models the other day and couldn't believe how heavy duty construction it had !

Sadly, cant find a deluxe or spermarin that would fit my tank size as all seems to be for larger tanks . The smallest deluxe or supermarin I could find are the 200 ones and even they are rated way over my tank load can ever be !

Any options ?

Best model you could think of for my tank load ? I definitely do not want oversized skimmer especially with bubble kings !

Regards,
Abhishek

What are your fish stocking plans?

A school of 12-18 purple queen anthias , the rest are a few tangs and mostly wrasses .By bubble King standard it would be medium load or towards low load .
However , I have an automated refrigerator system that I plan to connect to feed atleast 5-6 times a day ..

Regards,
Abhishek

I do think the Deluxe 200 and SM200 would be oversized. I’d lean towards the Double Cone 200 or even a Double Cone 180 given your load.

I do think the Deluxe 200 and SM200 would be oversized. I'd lean towards the Double Cone 200 or even a Double Cone 180 given your load.

Sad that we can't get SM or deluxe for below 200 gallon system . May be something royal exclusive should look for in future .
The build quality of these are nothing short of wonder !!

When are the new models coming out ? If it's by this year , I can wait ..

Regards,
Abhishek

I don’t anticipate any SM or Deluxe models for smaller tanks. Problem is the people with smaller systems don’t want to spend that kind of money and the double cones perform very well for smaller systems And come in at a lower price point.

I don't anticipate any SM or Deluxe models for smaller tanks. Problem is the people with smaller systems don't want to spend that kind of money and the double cones perform very well for smaller systems And come in at a lower price point.

Any news on the newer models with the upgraded VS18 pump ?

Regards,
Abhishek

Any news on the newer models with the upgraded VS18 pump ?

Regards,
Abhishek

The current Deluxe and SM’s are the current models. No changes. The RD3 skimmer pumps haven’t changed and I don’t expect any changes with those pumps.

Back