Derasa?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15443170#post15443170 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by DSR
Got home last night and checked out my derasa and no scutes at all, very smooth. But the folds go all the way down to the umbro. Had never noticed that before thanks for point that out.
Dersas live in the rocks while young I believe so it would make sense that the grind there shell smooth in the rock work. Once living in the sand though they would have nothing to grind against. I could be completely off base on this though.

Derasas never live "in" the rocks the way a crocea or maxima lives, but rather when they are small they stay attached on a rock until they get bigger. They just naturally grow without scutes in the wild, but that can change in captivity.

Yeah it didn't have the scutes when I bought it. In the year and a half i've had it, it developed the two scutes it has.

The 3 inch one I bought a couple months ago is now making scutes on its new growth. As soon as it got into my tank it changed its growth pattern. My crocea also started making scutes when I got it a year ago, but that is way more common.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15553434#post15553434 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by OrionN
We actually agree on something:D

i was shocked too
Heristical.gif

Back