Derrick's 150g rebuild

I added a dog-face puffer on Tuesday and upon introducing him to the tank the two tangs freaked out.. then I guess when they saw how slow he moves they didn't care and they are all swimming together peacefully. Puffer is on clams, 1 a day.
My simplicity 240 protein skimmer with digital variable speed pump came today.. installed it right away. Seems like a good skimmer for $280, large and I like the fact that the pump is inside the skimmer base.
20221011_174426.jpg
20221013_172125.jpg
20221013_172132.jpg

Keep us posted on how you like it. I’ve never heard of the brand but seems like a good idea for space saving

I definitely will, it is a small footprint for such a powerful skimmer.

Simplicity 240DC
Air intake: 240-660 L/h
Consumption: 9-18 watts
Controller: Included
Dimensions: 8.3” x 7.9” x 19.5”
Stocking Level:
Light bio-load: up to 240 gallons
Medium bio-load: up to 180 gallons
Heavy bio-load: up to 120 gallons
Limited Warranty:
2 years on skimmer body
1 year on skimmer pump

Having a 150g myself, I think this will do just fine for what I'm planning.

nice setup buds looking good how's the puffer doing nice little skimmer too how's that pushing for air and bubbles i heard about them

nice setup buds looking good how's the puffer doing nice little skimmer too how's that pushing for air and bubbles i heard about them
Thanks, the puffer is doing really good! All tank mates are getting along wonderfully. As for the skimmer, it is very powerful but honestly I haven't checked it since installation yesterday afternoon. I will later this morning before work.

Three days of skimming without being dumped.. it seems to be working very efficiently and I love the fact that it doesn't require dumping as often as my coralife did. Now if I dialed up the pump a bit it would increase the collection speed, but as it is I think I have it set where the collection is more highly concentrated bacteria instead of just green foam

Three days of skimming without being dumped.. it seems to be working very efficiently and I love the fact that it doesn't require dumping as often as my coralife did. Now if I dialed up the pump a bit it would increase the collection speed, but as it is I think I have it set where the collection is more highly concentrated bacteria instead of just green foam
this opinion is nothing if you don't have a picture mister:ROFLMAO:

Back