Did i just kill my nem?

PC_LOAD_LTR

So my rbta split today. One half was on the glass which i was able to scrape off and am hoping that it will attach to the rock soon. The other half was riding a snail. Of course, said snail decided to climb up into the canopy and the nem was almost completely out of the water when i checked on them. It was just hanging on by a thread. I pulled lightly on the nem to see if he would let go and instead felt a slight tear. Now I pulled the snail off and placed it back in the water. I took a pic. What do you think its odds of recovery are? Anything i can do to help it?

Attachments

• IMG_1841.jpg
    IMG_1841.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1840.jpg
    IMG_1840.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 0
Got my answer

Got my answer

Well, it didnt hold on. Found a footless nem laying in the sand a little while later. :(

Frome 1 to 2 and quickly back to 1. I guess i should have let them figure it out themselves.

Hopefully the remaining one will attah to the rock soon

Attachments

• IMG_1842.jpg
    IMG_1842.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 0
The one I tore definitely dead, luckily I think I found 90% of it before it could decompose. The other half is currently hiding at the bottom of my rocks, but it is attached and occasionally bubbles up.

Is it possible that this split was initiated by a tear from being partially on a snail that decided to go for a walk?

Wow. Long time since that last update. The living BTA split again a while ago and the two hung out together for a while. Now transferred to a bigger tank and they are moving apart from each other while getting used to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back