different species of clowfish in same tank

kyliegirl

Would it be safe to add a juvi ocellaris with a sebae ? or vise versa with any species of clown fish, one of each.

I wouldnt mind adding a sebae with my ocellaris or a percula with ocellaris

but I want to know if its safe to do so first off.

they will be in a 25 gallon

Steven0000

i have heard that its not a good idea to add the same species of 2 or more clowns, but idk about different species
i know your not suppost to addblack and white clowns with regular ocellaris

but i went ahead and added 4 clowns of the same species (ocellaris) and only the large female picked on the little ones that were not her mate

she didnt kill them though but it was in a 55 gallon tank and the pairs stayed away from each other

idk i would see what other people say first

stykthyn

unless your tank is in the triple digits I wouldnt even think about mixing species. sebeas get large enough by themselves that they will be pushing the limits of a 25, not to mention what will happen if a pair of oc's is thrown in the mix.

Go29

what about a pair of sebaes and one of those no stri[ed clowns. me and a fellow reefer of the bmas ( bidmarck mandan aquarium society) who owns a saltwater only fish store were talking about this today. in one of his tanks he has a pair of black and white occ., and they ignore the no sti[ped clowns completly. we were thinking this is because of their lack of stripes, they are not considered clowns by other clowns fish. anyone agree, so mabey it is possible

thesaent14

In Memoriam
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7534745#post7534745 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by stykthyn
unless your tank is in the triple digits I wouldnt even think about mixing species.

well i guess i am the lokies man because i have tow pairs one is fals percs and the secund one and lets say way biger are my moroon and they where in a 20g tank for 9 moths and now they are on my new 180g