Digital Aquatics Archon Owners Thread

I had a RKL for about two years and upgraded to a RKE about three years ago. I am very happy with my experience with DA. Sometimes the high tech stuff takes me awhile to sort out but that's my issue, not DA's. I was notified today that the Archon head unit is ready for shipping to pre-sale orders of which I am one!!!! Can't wait.
If I were in the market today for my first controller I would give the Archon some serious thought.

I had a RKL for about two years and upgraded to a RKE about three years ago. I am very happy with my experience with DA. Sometimes the high tech stuff takes me awhile to sort out but that's my issue, not DA's. I was notified today that the Archon head unit is ready for shipping to pre-sale orders of which I am one!!!! Can't wait.
If I were in the market today for my first controller I would give the Archon some serious thought.
I like the Archon. After using it a few weeks it is hard to go back to the RKE using myReef to program and monitor.

Sounds like the shipping is going to start! I pre-ordered as well, but 051 so prolly a few days. Keep us posted as to your setup!

Sounds like the shipping is going to start! I pre-ordered as well, but 051 so prolly a few days. Keep us posted as to your setup!

I will let everyone know. They may have just teased me a bit. I was told an e-mail would follow the call I got yesterday but have not got that confirmation yet. Fingers crossed. Can't wait to take it for a test drive.

I will let everyone know. They may have just teased me a bit. I was told an e-mail would follow the call I got yesterday but have not got that confirmation yet. Fingers crossed. Can't wait to take it for a test drive.

When you get it before plugging it all up you may want to remove the memory stick and copy it to you computer as a backup of the system at the start. Also you can power down the system after you have it setup and do the same. That way you have a copy with everything setup. Just make sure and power down the system when you remove and insert the memory stick.

To program an output. Select outputs from the menu bar. To program the output you wish click on the gear for that output. Select the function then click show beside the function. Now fill out data for that function. It is that easy. If the output was in off mode it will be put in auto for you. Make sure when entering set points such as temp to add tenths ect. Example temp setpoint of 78 would be entered as 78.0. You can use more than one alarm per output. Alarms and timers can be named like the modules and ports. When I placed a module that was named with the RKE the name followed on the Archon.

Hope this helps a little at getting started. The alarms and timers can be added and edited from the system page.

When you get it before plugging it all up you may want to remove the memory stick and copy it to you computer as a backup of the system at the start. Also you can power down the system after you have it setup and do the same. That way you have a copy with everything setup. Just make sure and power down the system when you remove and insert the memory stick.

To program an output. Select outputs from the menu bar. To program the output you wish click on the gear for that output. Select the function then click show beside the function. Now fill out data for that function. It is that easy. If the output was in off mode it will be put in auto for you. Make sure when entering set points such as temp to add tenths ect. Example temp setpoint of 78 would be entered as 78.0. You can use more than one alarm per output. Alarms and timers can be named like the modules and ports. When I placed a module that was named with the RKE the name followed on the Archon.

Hope this helps a little at getting started. The alarms and timers can be added and edited from the system page.

Yes that helps. any advise from those that have had a chance to use it is helpful. Thanks for sharing. Hope I get to use it SOON!!!! Come on DA!!!!!

Now that it's shipping to the non beta purchasers, how about some pics of the programming screens?

That might not be easy. It depends what device you are using to access it how the screens look. There is also some scrolling involved so a snapshot will not capture everything. I will have to check with DA anyway before posting. They do have screen shots on their Facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/DigitalAquaticsTechnology

After being a faithful Digital Aquatics supporter for several years and standing up for their lack of customer service on several forums many times, I am beginning to lose faith. I placed my Archon pre-order December 11th 2014 and waited patiently. On January 20th 2015 ,I received a phone call from DA telling me they were ready to ship and I would get an e-mail confirming order and payment method. I waited 48 hours and no e-mail. Since January 22nd I have called and left three voice mails and wrote 2 e-mails to support expressing my understanding that they were busy but I had not received the promised e-mail and would just like to know aprx. ship date and confirm my payment method. All 5 of my communication efforts have not generated a simple reply of any kind. I hope they can recover from whatever spell they are under and let their customers know they DO WANT US AS CUSTOMERS.
Jack S
Destin, Fl.

The last I heard there was a hold up regarding the PB4's and PB8's. It was posted by someone that contacted Amy at DA in sales yesterday.

I just got off the phone with Amy and she confirmed they have the head unit and they are working great. The hold up is the new power bar.

I ordered the basic package and those will ship next week. I don't know why they won't ship just the head units alone.

I understand everyone wants their Archons but this is not a life or death item, it is a hobby accessory. That being said, I am as excited as the rest of you and can't wait to get it.

I just got off the phone with Amy and she confirmed they have the head unit and they are working great. The hold up is the new power bar.

I ordered the basic package and those will ship next week. I don't know why they won't ship just the head units alone.

I understand everyone wants their Archons but this is not a life or death item, it is a hobby accessory. That being said, I am as excited as the rest of you and can't wait to get it.

Ya, I understand it also, BUT, not to communicate with folks and keep dragging this out is beyond my belief. I am just about to throw in the towel like alot of others ..... basically because of how crappy their customer service is. Trust me, I have had Reef Keeper stuff for a long while and stuck with them, even pre-ordered Archon. They don't even have the courtesy to pick up the phone, return emails, or return voice mails. What would you expect?

Ya, I understand it also, BUT, not to communicate with folks and keep dragging this out is beyond my belief. I am just about to throw in the towel like alot of others ..... basically because of how crappy their customer service is. Trust me, I have had Reef Keeper stuff for a long while and stuck with them, even pre-ordered Archon. They don't even have the courtesy to pick up the phone, return emails, or return voice mails. What would you expect?

A BIG PLUS ONE ON THAT!!!!!!!
Communication is the key to customer satisfaction/retention and the key to a business owners long term success.

I got an e-mail!!!!! They are ready to ship my order which was head unit only.
The curve ball........Amy said to pay with stripe. No link, no button to click, nothing other than "pay with stripe". I did not ever hear of stripe. Seems to be a pay service like paypal but no info on their site as to how to pay a vender. I put a new order in through DA Web store and paid via visa. Hope and pray I don't kicked to the back of the list. I went from order #44 to #106. If you are waiting look into stripe so you can pay for your order.

So I'm on the fence about controllers right now and was leaning towards an RKE due to the fact that I have NO internet at my house, right now I don't even have a computer there. I have heard a few stories about customer service with DA which bothers me a little so I decided to call and see if anyone answered. Sure enough one of the programmers "cant remember his name" picked up. Spent about 5 minutes on the phone with him asking questions, "I' controller stupid". He was very helpful and told me all about the Archon, seems awesome and they are shipping today. I think Ill try them out. Without internet where Im going to have the tank it seems like the way to go.

I got the notice of shipment of my Archon yesterday. it's on the way!!
I have been using DA for about 5 years and happy with the equipment. Yes, service sometimes can be slow but they have pulled through for me eventually.
For those that have the Archon, I downloaded the user guide from DA web site, (nice it is on there already) I saw that the pages do not print or view in numerical order. I don't have the skills to convert the layout so I cut the pages in half and scanned so I have a book in numerical order. If you would like it PM me. Too large a file to attach here.

I got the notice of shipment of my Archon yesterday. it's on the way!!
I have been using DA for about 5 years and happy with the equipment. Yes, service sometimes can be slow but they have pulled through for me eventually.
For those that have the Archon, I downloaded the user guide from DA web site, (nice it is on there already) I saw that the pages do not print or view in numerical order. I don't have the skills to convert the layout so I cut the pages in half and scanned so I have a book in numerical order. If you would like it PM me. Too large a file to attach here.

did you actually get a unit? I am really quite intrigued by DA's total lack of responsiveness to the general customer base as a whole. When they tell me my unit is ready to ship, I will tell them to stick it at this point. Even the Beta testers can't figure out why DA can't pick up the phone or communicate to folks. Is it the best "mouse trap" out there? Time will tell, but there is NO company that will survive with this kind of customer interface.

did you actually get a unit? I am really quite intrigued by DA's total lack of responsiveness to the general customer base as a whole. When they tell me my unit is ready to ship, I will tell them to stick it at this point. Even the Beta testers can't figure out why DA can't pick up the phone or communicate to folks. Is it the best "mouse trap" out there? Time will tell, but there is NO company that will survive with this kind of customer interface.

Tracking ticket says it should arrive Thursday. At this point w/ UPS confirming I would say it is on the way. I actually like the devices I have used for the last few years and look forward to the Archon but I could not agree more w/ the customer service issue. Can't see how they can continue on that route. I'm in the resort business and my business would crumble if we ignored our customers. Any business will. Hope they can pull it together. Hire some reps. Got to spend it to make it.

Back