Digital Aquatics Archon Owners Thread

Yep, I got it to. I just noticed I lost my timer names but that was easy fix. All good. Question, I set up quite awhile ago and entered email for alarms, which I do get when alarm triggers. Now that Archon will send e mail when updates are available will it retrieve my e mail from that original entry or do I need to enter it elsewhere?

Thanks. So if I understand you I need to go back to the set up and enter the my email. It will not transfer from the alarm page?

Yep, I got it to. I just noticed I lost my timer names but that was easy fix. All good. Question, I set up quite awhile ago and entered email for alarms, which I do get when alarm triggers. Now that Archon will send e mail when updates are available will it retrieve my e mail from that original entry or do I need to enter it elsewhere?

The update reminders do use the current email information on the system. we will be adding part of the email setup back into the alarm page so people can easily change it if they want to.

issue with dosing (output) data logging after upgrade?

issue with dosing (output) data logging after upgrade?

For some reason the data for my AlkDosing output (multitimer) did not log this morning. At first I thought I had another issue with timers but, I can see the spikes on my PHprob graph. However, there is no data under the AlkDoser output.

The two changes that occurred on the system was the removal of another timer that wasn't working, and I upgraded to 51 (I rebooted a few times). I've included a screen print of the graphs below. the weird spike on the AlkDOser graph (1PMish) occurred during around when I upgraded.

I was wondering if anyone else noticed this after their upgrade to 51? Any other thoughts?

Last edited:
How long is your doser on? I don't see any spikes in your pH data. It looks like the normal daily swing.

I dose the following: one dose an hour, starting at 6AM through 10AM. each dose runs for 2min which equates to 2.2ML.

Is this the only thing that didn't log?

good question. PH and Temp graphs are fine. On that particular PB4 I have Alk in outlet 1, Heater in 2, and Calc in 4.

It appears that only the Heater is logging out correctly since yesterday. I just tested manually turning on/off each of the outputs. They all turned off/on correctly but only the heater logged the changes. the other two showed zero.

I think I might now have it corrected:
After performing the test above I decided to shut the Archon down, disconnected the PB4s (left them on), pulled the drive to check it for errors. No errors were found by my computer but after I reconnected everything and performed the same test above the Alk and calc appeared to log data. I'm not sure what occured as I rebooted it multiple times yesterday after the firmware and webPage upgrades.

I'll let it be and see what happens tomorrow.

I had to run the drive check on mine after the update also. I am not sure if it was something that was wrong previous to the update or not.

Mine doesn't email when there is an update available - it just loses connectivity so I cannot get into it without a manual unplugging restart. Is that something that was fixed in .51? Also - it says I'm supposed to Update Webpages after the restart. Did that button get moved? I thought it was on the system page.

I think it is working properly. I have some sort of horrible plague that is going around my work so I'm wondering if I did update the webpages and just can't remember because of Robitussin. Don't Robitussin and reef......

I just did the Webpage Update. Hit button. Gave it about 4 minutes. Then hit the new Reset button. Went to Archon powered down. Waited a minute. Powered up. Logged back in Archon and YAHOO! There was the new email update and test fields. Updated email and then ran test. All went smoothly and just as it should. Keep it coming. I am loving it!

What is everyone using for a dedicated display for these things? I'm up in the air between the archon and apex right now as an upgrade for my RKL but don't like the idea of a "display less" system.

Archon and i will continue the never ending battle for >490 hours of uptime! Right now i think my corals would settle for 24.

Last edited:
What is everyone using for a dedicated display for these things? I'm up in the air between the archon and apex right now as an upgrade for my RKL but don't like the idea of a "display less" system.

My God Man! Have you read any of the quirky, daily crap, that Archon owners go through? The entertainment value is better than my "Break" Videos app on my phone!
If you don't want constant problems, and continuous growing pains, with the thought of, "is DA going to go out of business next week?" Then go Apex.
If you want an expanding, growing , everyone in the Industry makes stuff for them Company, then You want Apex as well.

Back