Disabling photo transistors?

reefdosing .com sells them, and advertises on the front page that they can be bypassed... Maybe sweet talking them for the info would help. ;)

I posed the question to the guy I bought the pump from, and this is the response I got last night
:
All you have to do is take the 5 screws off of the back. Take the pump apart, and unplug the wires to it. There are 2 wires that you will need to unplug. Thats it.
I'll try it tonight, but with the photo sensers disabled the pump may not work at all...we'll see.

Nothing worked...

The photo sensor system uses 4 wires: black/brown & black/red

I tried disabling these in every possible combination, but nothing worked for me.

Is the light coming from the LED visible? There's a good chance it could be in the near infrared range. Even if it isn't, I would try blocking the sensors with a peice of aluminum foil with tape on it. MAKE SURE YOU DON'T SHORT ANYTHING OUT!!!(that is why wrap it with e-tape). That would fry a lot of things that you paid money for. I don't know anything about the pump, however, any time I need to shield something from light in my lab with making a short this is what I do.

I didn't read through the entire thread to know if you've fixed it, but is it possible to connect the output of the photodiode to some type of clock oscillator, or a stepped down frequency of a counter output?

greeneyedblackcat, my Kangaroo 324 already has this mod but I tried to rep;ace the standard drip set with the high volume one from innovative aquatics and it still will not work. Do you have any suggestions? I'm getting a "no set" error message.

A standard dripset will have a little magnetic ring attached to the hose, it tells the Kangaroo that a drip set is present, without this magnet you will get a No Set condition, I would suspect the new dripset does not have the magnet>>>>>>>Good luck GEBC

hey guys i have zevez nestle pump if i want to pump to run on regular timer so that i can controll the timer for everyday 2ml/hr with timer can this be done. its zevex 2200 pump very much looks like kangaroo from outside but i dont think that inside circut board is same.

Back