Disasters in Aquascaping!

Tylt33

Share your adventures here! This mornings adventure:

I decided to take some live rock out of my old tank for my new tank. First, my precariously balanced Frogspawn did a nose-dive into the gravel. It was one of those "freeze and cringe" moments. Second, my rather large candycane did a tumbling roll from the upper part of the tank. It bounced twice, and then landed upright. That was one of the "audible groan" moments, where my girlfriend I groaned on each bounce.

I hope I'm not the only one who has these moments in their life?

its an everyday occurence for me having accidents. sometimes my stuff just jumps out of its hole for no apparent reason.

Well I have had several different disasters while moving things in the tank.

But the worst one yet is that all the frogspawn fell onto the brain which pretty much melted and killed all 9 heads that I had.

And I liked my frogspawn.

Woahhhhhhh the brain killed the frogspawn? We should start a program called "Tank Wars" where we pick things in our tanks to fight other people's stuff. No using hermitzilla though.

You gotta watch out for those speedy tangs whose whoosh (read: wake turbulance) can displace well staged corals down to their demise right before your eyes. That and crabs/snails but I usually can see them coming. I have to say I have things carefully staged that often my gaze into my tank (especially with new livestock) is to be sure their still in in their prefered position and nothing is attacking. Further, I have a clown that does not like anything in front or for that matter within his swimming range of his anemone. So he will decide sometimes where things go. Good luck I've often just put the fallen coral heads near a powerhead outlet and shaken the debris off and returned to their spot. Some success some not so. Worst day was when a rock toppled down right onto a Linkia star's center. Crushed it to death. I gave up on stars after that was like my third.

Back