Dismissed Warranty Issue - Tunze Osmolator 3152

IronChefItaly

Hello all,

I'm looking for advice as to how I should proceed with repair or replacement of my Tunze product. I have reached out to Tunze through their website and was contacted by email from info@xeniainc.ca. The representative prompted me for more details of the issue and my original invoice to which I replied. I have since followed up with two additional emails and have not received any response. Details are as follows:

Product name:
Nano Osmolator 3152

Invoice/Receipt date:
December 27, 2017

Described issue:
Pump does not trigger on with float valve.

Background:
The anti-overfill feature of my unit has never worked since I purchased it new. There have been a few occasions when I have caught the unit with the pump on while there was no water in the reservoir - the pump does not time out after 5 minutes. My unit had suddenly stopped working and my LFS recommended replacing the pump to which I did, and it still does not work. I can hear an audible switch triggered by the float valve position but the pump does not engage.

Its very unfortunate as I've historically held Tunze with high regard. I use their powerheads, nano skimmers and I have a full size osmolator on my display - all of which I've had no issues with. I've dealt with only two other product warranties with Red Sea and Fluval and their service was excellent. I would really like to hear advice, or possibly where I might have gone wrong. At this point, I don't feel like there was any user error on my part and the warranty period of 2 years should be applicable - and I really don't want to have to buy another auto top off. This will likely be the end of my experience with Tunze products as a consumer if their customer service truly fails to meet industry standard.

Thanks all for reading, I look forward to hearing your response.

I would be able to help if you are in the US, in general in a case like this the product is sent in, it is tested, and as long as the unit is under two years old, has no water damage or modification it is repaired under warranty. What country are you in and was the product purchased in that country?

Back