Diver's Den Lesson

George_G

Analogy:
You're in a high-end super market... you see a beautiful prime-grade Porterhouse steak, an inch and a half thick, gorgeous marbling... you quickly snag it and place it lovingly in your shopping cart and can't wait to get home and grill it over very high heat on your Weber!

You continue shopping and pick up a few more things. You get to the checkout and... your steak is gone!!! What?! Wait a minute! That guy at the next register just paid for it and is running for the door! I don't believe this!

Reality:
Ever since Kevin Kohen, the director of Diver's Den, gave a program to our club some time ago, I've been buying fish from them -- mostly "bonded pairs," because my main interest is breeding fish. But this is the first time I've experienced "cart snatching!!!"

Here's the pair of clowns I wanted:
http://m.liveaquaria.com/diversden/...ref=4282&subref=AI&cmpid=E-_-TR-_-DDN-_-PRDCT

I called customer service and was told that I should have checked out and paid for them ASAP. Then, if I wanted more fish, start over and when done call them and request that my orders be combined.

Hard lesson learned.

But I tell you... I cursed for a good half hour after losing those fish. My wife had to tell me to calm down.

George

Hey......George.....that happened to me once as well....he who hesitates is lost.....you snooze you loose. In my situation something was on sale and by the time I checked out they had run out of stock. Sometimes if you complain enough Liveaquaria will give you some store credit...they are pretty good that way.
Frank

I also learned this lesson, at a different store. they had a promo after you ordered so much stuff. I was trying to do the promo and do it in the right order. Kids were screaming, changed a few diapers, came back finished promo and all the wysiwyg corals in my basket gone.

Unfortunately this is how all online stores work. Think about it if you put something in your basket but never complete the purchase you could lock up inventory. I've had to design some data warehousing apps. The only time it makes sense to remove the item from the database is when the order is complete, meaning you have submitted valid credit card info.
Very frustrating to the consumer.

Talk to you soon George, hope all is well!

Well... they put up another pair of Mocha-Vinci clowns today. I wasn't as thrilled with them as the pair I missed, but decided to buy them anyway. Here are both of them for comparison.

Bought these:

Missed out on these:

So, give me 6 months to a year (depending on the fish!) and you'll have some offspring in our club auction.

George

Good luck with the pair. I still have the pair of cinnamon clowns that I got from you last year. The big one is about 2" now.

truthfully, I like the ones you got better! I have several fish from DD, and love all of them. good luck with the breeding.

Back