DIY driver question

Very tempting. But after looking around. I'm actually leaning toward the Storm, with an eye towards a Reef Angel setup later. The Bluefish seems to be similar. The ready made system with boards an jumpers is great. The wireless capabilities of the Bluefish are very tempting. I'm actually at work crunching numbers for the build. I'm looking into the multichips after lunch.
Costs dramatically more, but then (obviously!) gives a lot more functionality :)

Tim

I know long run build and rebuild will be expensive. But I consider it learning on a budget. With limited knowledge of electronics. The storm seems like the way to go . Plus the lightning and clouds are icing

How many channels can i put on the Tc420. Also, bye hack what is required?

5 individual channels. Multiple LDD's "should" be able to be run from one channel. THAT I have yet to verify but LDD's require little in the way of current..

you just have to solder a wire from the gate of the MOSFET. That will go to the "dim" circuit of the LDD...

See thin wires in photo above..Only 4 are soldered in that one.. Only needed 4 at the time..

Ok. I ordered the TC420 controller. Now for my board and ldd 750 drivers.

Remeber you need 2 power supplies or one power supply for the LED's and a DC/DC step down board to 12V for the TC-420..

Recommend the step down tapped into the big ps output. .
Avoids any ground issues..

meantc.JPG

Just substitute a voltage converter for the 12-24V

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LM2596HV-DC...197357?hash=item3a7c75c9ed:g:HMkAAOSwqu9U-E0Z

Last edited:
Back