Diy half moon 20 gallon

Lazhar

Whats up guys?

I saw this half circle 20 gallon aquarium at petsmart and couldnt leave with out it. I made everything for it, the overflow, refugium, sump, led lights, stand, canopy well everything but the tank itself. Its been lots of fun and I think it came out pretty desent.
Let me know what you think.

IMA1_zps00572035.jpg

IMA2_zpscc867f4f.jpg

IMA3_zps3f96c888.jpg

IMA4_zps35ed80b3.jpg

IMA5_zpsaa297164.jpg

Looks cool. Where is this sump you speak of? I hope that stand is well sealed. I wouldn't want any spilled water to leak onto any of those electronics.

Looks cool. Where is this sump you speak of? I hope that stand is well sealed. I wouldn't want any spilled water to leak onto any of those electronics.

Thank you, the sump is in the back of the tank, is an outside overflow box, sump and refugion. Almost as big as the back of the tank. As for the water, i dont think it will be a problem. It is mostly low voltage.

Last edited:
It is always nice to see something a bit different.
You did a great job.
Now that you have built one system, what are your plans for the next one??? LOL
I know I couldnt stop at just one.

Very nice! What's the tube in the stand? Top off container?

Thats the kalkwaser reactor, I ran a water line to it inside the wall from my ro filter the also feeds another tank. It also has two valve to control where the ro water goes. If the PH is high it gets ro and kalk when the ph is low. That system works really well. I had it on another reef I kept for 7 years. The coraline algae would form ledges. This tank has been running for 4 weeks and I already see coraline algae forming on the rocks.

It is always nice to see something a bit different.
You did a great job.
Now that you have built one system, what are your plans for the next one??? LOL
I know I couldnt stop at just one.

Yes I know, you are like me always looking for a project. I already have two tanks in my living room, if it was for me I will have more. But I live in small house and even tho my wife likes to see me happy and entertain with my projects, she also likes a desent looking house. So no more tanks for me at least not for now. Know that I think about it how about one for my bedroom. Lol

I hate the finish on the stand, but absolutely LOVE everything else, LOL! Great job:D
Thank you, what can I say the wife picks the colors, it actually looks a lot better in person and fits well with the rest of the furniture. But you are right, same thing I said "green" oh well she knows better about does things. :wave:

Back