DIY overflow box? Cast acrylic

Chalu420

Sitting on the fence about buying the MD elite medium or DIY.. any experience with the MD elite overflow?

otherise -
Want to build an exterior overflow box for a tight space. guessing 3/16" thick acrylic should be ok

where in the bay area would you recommend buying - closer to Fremont is better, the guy selling should know cast vs extruded :deadhorse:
bought a sheet on amazon.. turns out its extruded

or if you have a scrap you're willing to sell - looking for about 24"x24" let me know.

I don't think the price that MD is asking is all that bad, considering the time it will take to DIY your own (it's not as simple as slapping a few pieces together) and it also comes with the holesaw and template.

LOL.. I need the admins to change my main rc handle to a new email id... sux I need to get post count up...

the MD overflow is really attractive... some DIY is ok for me... but for a few bucks more I could get the MD...

should've checked the forums sooner.. came back from dublin just now... :mad:::

D-Nak, the tank is already drilled and I started with a gl*******s internal overflow box... but need to quite it down...so getting ready to add a gatevalve

if I get the MD kit then the tank has to be drilled for the 1.5" bulkhead..not sure if its ok to drill around the existing hole..aka same spot to make it larger...

Online it mentions "Not for sale in California South Coast Air Quality Management District (SCAQMD), due to rule 1168."

So I ask. May stop by there tomorrow

That's in SoCal, and it's funny they're worried about the VOC and what not emitted by weldon but millions of cars sitting in traffic all the time they don't do anything about.

So if you're in the bay area you should be good to go.

Back