DIY wave maker, anyone?

VINH_XUAN

Hello all
Couldn't locate any DIY wave maker (WV), so I start a new one then.
though any wave maker is just a connection of some timming relays, and/or some circuits for options. With this guessing, I plan to have a DIY WM, parts included:
2 timming relays 0 - 1200 sec. = $18.00
2 adapters = $2.00
Simultaneously working on modified Maxijet 1200 to work with this WM.
Parts on hand, circuit drawn, finding some time to put things together.
Love to see your input and recommendations.
Thank you all

Thank you WarrenG for your recommendation and Ricgio to tag along;). Unfort. I'm sure what you meant " a soft start ". What I try to do is having a push button to trigger one of the relay to start the cycle then time setting of 15 secs repeat on each power head. I will try to get the circuit posted so you can have an idea of what I'm trying.
More ideas and to improve are so welcome
You all have a nice weekend.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8107534#post8107534 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by VINH_XUAN
Thank you WarrenG for your recommendation and Ricgio to tag along;). Unfort. I'm sure what you meant " a soft start ".

Soft start: The PH does not receive full power instantly. Instead, this happens over the course of a second or two so the PH doesn't get subjected to zero to full, over and over. Most motors don't like that. It takes more power to start the motor so there is a surge in current demand/draw. With tens of thousands of starts, starting the motor a bit more gradually is easier on the motor over the long term.

Hey RicGio,

I was on the USS Snook SSN-592 in the mid 1970's ... If I recall correctly the Narwhal was also home ported in San Diego at that time.

Dave

Back