Does Anyoneee????

Alex,

It seems that squids, SCWD's, vary in their reliability. As they use a type of Venturi with a moving flapper valve to produce the wave action the moving part are subject to coralline buildup and that will cause them to stop making waves.

Looks interesting but watch out for stuff direct from china. Many are 240volt as is the one your looking at.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14801539#post14801539 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by WaterKeeper
Alex,

It seems that squids, SCWD's, vary in their reliability. As they use a type of Venturi with a moving flapper valve to produce the wave action the moving part are subject to coralline buildup and that will cause them to stop making waves.

EGHHH thanks for pointing that out.

my first powerhead was a penguin something...sweeper thing...it still works but the sweepy thing seized up.

i have the koralia nanos and id like to make them wave friendly but dont wanna dish out...cant dish oout 300$ on a koralia wavemaker.

saw these for 55$ and it almost seemed tempting

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14801543#post14801543 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by THE ROOK
Looks interesting but watch out for stuff direct from china. Many are 240volt as is the one your looking at.

that and led paint i know i know :p

actually i found some made for the US...

Back