Does this sound fair?

sneaton

does this sound fair...im selling my 28 bow for $400 to a guy off craigslist....it comes with a 2x65pc aquaticlife fixture with timer,a 16" diameter lta,15 heads of candy cane, 3 pound rock covered in GSP,20 pounds of live rock,2 koralia 1s,rio nano skimmer,aqueon 50 powerfilter,leather coral,purple branching softy, randils goby/candy pistol pair,flame hawk,2 clowns......

im having second thoughts because i feel its so cheap...

i just setup a 60 frag tank so im getting a little overwhelmed with too many tanks....im trying to get down to 1 DT and 1 frag....i just dont want to feel like i screwed myself by not charging enough....the guy that wants to come said it will be his first tank,it scares me because i would hate for anything to happen to my fish or my lta that ive taken of for so long

for sale.jpg heres a bad pic

Seems about right to me. You might get a little more if you part it out, but selling it all at once is a big plus (at least it would be to me).

I think it is a fair price. Besides, if $400 is the price you listed on Craig's List and the buyer has already agreed to pay that price would it be fair to back out now? In the long run doing what is right is always the right decision. :)

I would say take the money and run if you have a buyer. It is really hard to find someone who wants to buy a complete set up (I find most like to buy there own live stock). Did you pay more then $400 to set this tank up? I am sure you paid almost double but that is the way this hobby there is not much that holds it's value. Good luck

it was 1200 for everything new....im just gonna hook the guy up....i just hope its not the craigslist killer...only communication has been thru text....im going to tell him ill help him keep it healthy, cause i think im ln love with my LTA and goby and would hate for anything to happen to them

Even if your short changing yourself, whats wrong with giving someone a deal first starting out? I know looking on craigslist, I couldnt find a deal starting out for a full running system. Most of the time its look as an "investment" and people are trying to rip people off.

Just if the guy decides he wants it and your concerned about the livestock, educate they guy and tell them if they have any questions to give you a call and refer them to reef central :)

But if your trying to just make your money back, then part it out. Its easier to sell $20 at a time than $100s

do i need to polish everything up? or leave it how it is.....there is a little algea on the back glass,powerheads,and a couple tufts on the rock....

I actually think you got a decent amount of money for a small complete setup. If you priced it here that would probably sit for a long time. I regularly see 75 and 90 setups for $500-$600. They start higher but it seems they don't sell until their reduced. There is a setup near me for $1000. It's 90 gallon with everything including two MP40s and a full apex. It probably depends more on the local market tho.

I got a 29gal setup last year for $150. Tank, stand, skimmer, lighting(150w MH+ 2 PC coralife fixture), sump, pumps, test kits, 40# of purple rock, fish, coral, food. 3 extra tanks, scrapers and the list goes on.

Yeah I think $400 for your setup is a pretty good deal for you.

It is a pretty small, and aside from the LTA doesn't really have any expensive stock.

I'm sure you're still taking a hefty loss, but considering how cheap used stuff is right now I think you did well.

To give you an idea I bought a 156 gallon tank with a stand and canopy for $300.

X2 very fair price.

And yeah 1/2 price off retail is a good rule of thumb.

Your LTA is huge...looks like the sarlacc off star wars return of the jedi in your tank :D

That's a great price for a newbie IMO. I'd keep the LTA for that price though, but that's just me. Plus if he's a newbie he won't be ready to take care of it yet IMO.

hes on his way so we shall see if he buys it.....he asked if it was heavy so i assume hes taking it

can i just seperate everything in 5 gallon buckets....like fish is one,rock in another,and the rest of the water in some more

Back