Don't forget FRAGSTOCK 2009

murfman

SCMAS is proud to announce FragStock 09 saturday October 10th at the Downtown Denver Aquarium!

We are working to make this event the largest selection of corals ever available at a show in Colorado!

here are the current list of Sponsors and Vendors

Reef Nutrition ~ Booth ~ Premier Sponsor
brightwell ~ Raffle donation
Seachem ~ Raffle donation, possible booth
Aquamart ~ Premier Sponsor/Vendor/Raffle
Reeflo ~ Raffle Donation/booth
boston aquafarms ~ booth
WetThumbFrags ~ Booth
Cherry Corals ~ Frag Tank
Reefkoi Corals
Gonzo Coral Frags
Ldogg Frags
jiggyfly Frags
Milehigh Aquatics

Pending confirmation
Don's hobbies
Bikini Reef
Keys Island
plus dry good vendors.

This is going to be a huge event!!! I will be there and hope it draws every single reefer from area to it. There are going to be some Outragous coral available there and you have a chance to meet some of the biggest vendor in the country face to face. This will be one of the top events this year. Be there!!!!!

Be Safe
Mark

Reef Nutrition will be donating a couple Reef Nutrition 6 ounce sample packs to the raffle :)

Last edited:
thanks Gresham! Will you be the one travelling to Denver?

The admission is $5 free for club members.

Jon, have you contacted Larry to reserve a spot? The floorplan is full and I want to make sure you have space.

his email is Ldogg@thescmas.com

this goes for anyone else wanting to sell, we have community space in the large tanks still I believe, you bring some corals set them up in a nice big tank lit by halides and sell away! no tank to bring no water to bring just stuff to bag your corals in when you sell.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15642803#post15642803 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by reefkoi

I believe it's free to SCMAS members only. Members of DARC, MASC or CAS will need to pay unless they are also members of SCMAS. I'm sure someone will correct me if I am wrong.

-Rob

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15642803#post15642803 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by reefkoi
thanks Gresham! Will you be the one travelling to Denver?

Jon, have you contacted Larry to reserve a spot? The floorplan is full and I want to make sure you have space.

his email is Ldogg@thescmas.com

this goes for anyone else wanting to sell, we have community space in the large tanks still I believe, you bring some corals set them up in a nice big tank lit by halides and sell away! no tank to bring no water to bring just stuff to bag your corals in when you sell.

Unfortunately not this time. Randy will be coming out :) I have a prior commitment to another club event I made a long time ago.

Chris, I did get with Larry. Stuart and I are splitting a booth, and so I need to get my 1/2 payment in to you guys. I had also contacted Larry about setting up a small area for the MASC club, and he said that he would talk with the board about it but I havent heard back from him yet!

dude you are going to have a busy couple of months flying all over and slinging corals!

Cheers~!
Jon

Is there any fee etc, for bringing corals to sell out of the big tanks?

Do we need to sign up ahead of time or anything?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15643477#post15643477 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by spstimie
So, if I am a member on scmas website am I a club member?

You are only a member of SCMAS if you have attended 2 meetings in the past year. Fragstock, as an official SCMAS event, counts as a meeting. Anyone can setup an on-line screen name on SCMAS, just like the MASC site. However, just because you have a screen name does not mean that you are an official member of the club.

-Rob

Last edited:
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15644590#post15644590 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by gh0st
Is there any fee etc, for bringing corals to sell out of the big tanks?

Do we need to sign up ahead of time or anything?

You may want to direct these very specific questions to the Fragstock threads on thescmas.com Someone may post your answer here as well though.

-Rob

You know we just want a huge crowd, if you are a member of a club I say you get in free, spend the $5 you would have at the door and put it in the raffle where the proceeds go back to the club anyway :) and maybe win something too!

So I may get in trouble but I am the club pr guy ;)

If you come to the event and state you are a "club member" they won't charge you, how about that deal.

C

That's great Chris!!

Also, in regards to using space in the SCMAS frag tanks; any club member may reserve space for free in the SCMAS club frag tank. They are reserved using 2'x2' sections, though I suppose you could ask for less. If you'd like to reserve a space, please post your requests on the SCMAS website here: http://www.thescmas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5019

I take back all those things I said about those southern Colorado folks.... well... most things. ;)

-Rob

Reserving Space

Reserving Space

I'm trying to register on the SCMAS forums, but can't post yet.

I'd like to use a little space, but I don't think I'll need 2'x2' (200ish frag discs worth)

So if anybody wants to split a block, let me know. I probably only need a square foot or so.

I would like to have like a 1x1 space i recently joined scmas do i have to pay a membership to have a space does anybody know thanks.

Back