don't want my GBTA's to feel neglected ( large photos )

a4twenty

Premium Member
just a couple quick pics of my GBTA's i took today, they were feeling a bit left out. its a nice little colony, they really like to stick close together. in the second photo you can see the tentacles of another clone coming from down behind the rocks.

:)

gbtas.jpg

newnem.jpg

Judging from those pics, I don't think they feel neglected. :smokin: How many do you have? Are they all clones for the same anemone?

:D , i just meant neglected because i have been spending all my time making sure my carpet is getting settled in ok.

they are clones, i've had the original for 2+ years and i have 4 right now ( have sold a few over the years ), what looks like two up top in the first pic is really just one a mammoth ( ~12" ) and the rest are 6" - 8".

thanks for the reply

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12956806#post12956806 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Hogfish77
Sweet GBTA's! No clowns for them? Man I wish my OBTA would clone itself already.

thank you, i do have a pair of clowns but........

i got a pair of false percs when i first got into saltwater ( 7 years ago ) and only decided to get into nems about 3 years ago. i knew that BTA's weren't a natural host for the FP but they have been with me so long and i didn't feel i was ready for a carpet back then either. so now i have 4 GBTA's and a Gigantea carpet anemone ( natural host ) but they still host the a fitting less than an inch away from the BTA's. you can see the PVC fitting ( just to the right of the nems ) in the first photo, so close but............... the female teased me one night a couple of weeks ago but no luck since. :mad:

firstcontact.jpg

these pics are under a 400W 14K aqua connect bulb, the tank doesn't look anywhere as 'pink' in real life, i need to play with my camera settings. it isn't my usual bulb but it was in stock and looked brighter than the XM20K.

quick update vid :)

quick update vid :)

doing some maintenance this weekend and decided to shoot an update vid of my babies, enjoy......

funny some love hard flow, while others prefer a little gentler life.

Back