drilling a tank

vinc

well I have to drill my new tank . need to drill 2 1 1/2 holes for the drains. I have a brand new bit and I also have the drill. I just need to find out how to drill it :lol: I saw a picture of someone drilling and they had something that looked like a brace and was mounted to the glass . does anyone have a clue what it is and any suggestion on drilling my tank thanks

kynan

you need a drill brace . Can buy at home depot for 30 bucks, or you can borrow mine. Use very slow speed, no drill pressure, let the bit do the work. On a 210 it will take a bit of time. Either make a dam around the bit for fluid, or keep water/soap solution to keep spraying it.

Tripspike

Joe at PC uses a water bottle with a small hole in it to 'pee' water continuously on the hole saw. I have also seen someone use weatherstripping to build a dam and use oil inside it.

NoSchwag

Premium Member
I drilled a bunch of holes.

All I did was have my girl hold the hose while I was drilling. Start at an angle to get the hole started and slowly straighten the bit out. Like kynan said, let the drill do the work.

IMM3DOORSDOWN

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9839247#post9839247 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by NoSchwag
I drilled a bunch of holes.

All I did was have my girl hold the hose while I was drilling. Start at an angle to get the hole started and slowly straighten the bit out. Like kynan said, let the drill do the work.

i did pretty much the same thing the only differance was that i made a caulk ring about 2 inches from desired hole.and filled it with water which helped keep the bit wet and cool.got a squirt bottle and had girlfriend constantly spray while i cut it with my rotor zip.im no pro but did cut 3 2 1/2 holes sucessfully.just my 2 cents

PL-Reef

Awesome Member
vinc let me know when you want them done. i've drilled a TON of holes! i can come over and give you a hand.

vinc

Todd told me to drill it. I'M SCARED I just want to get it done. If I could I wouldn't want to be there when it is drilled.

markywmson

i went to HD and looked through the drill area, and asked someone about a drill brace and described what it was... they looked at me like i had 4 heads. any ideas of specific HDs to go to for this? thanks!

-mark

cato

New England
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9841595#post9841595 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by erickrm
oh man hahah jas is the man he will hook ya up :)
Ahhh Yes! Here's some of Jas' best work. :p
I say he's GUILTY!!!:lol:

62826Jas-drill-1.jpg

62826Jas-drill-2.jpg