Drukkosz Upgrade

The old UV broke so purchased this beast. I have to admit size does matter!

Little messy but this is a current view of the fish room

Got a results from ICP- Analysis and dont know what to think about it. Especially Phosphorus are 1589.051ppb? I use Hanna checker every 2-3 days and they are in range of 0.04-0.06ppb. According to ICP my phosphates are 1589.051x3.066/1000 = 4.87ppb?
That cannot be right.

I use GFO in a reactor as well. Also surprising to me that they didn't even flagged it.

I emailed them to ask for an explanation but would like to see what you guys think about it?

I didn't really pay attention to what they test and what dont but I am quite disappointed that they dont test for a basics like:ALK, salinity and Nitrates

Did the lions eat any other fish yet? Any fear they will? What do you feed them?

Hi Brad, no they didnt, right now there is a yellow tang, flame angel and male lyretail anthias. I think they are big enough to be safe and the lion fish dont bother them as for now.
Both of the lion fish eat frozen silversides, from time to time I throw a ghost shrimp or a guppy when available to purchase.

Your video shows a cleaner wrasse, several lyretails, a chromis, 2 clowns and a flame hawk. What happened? I've always been tempted to add a fu manchu or a fuzzy, but want to keep small fish - and I've heard the fu mancu's are hard to keep.

Meant to comment on your ICP. That 1589ppb Phosphate seems really high, but if your corals are good like in the video, and you don't have a huge algae problem, I wouldn't worry - except maybe you got ripped off from your ICP test. Phosphate chemistry is really complex, so maybe you do have a lot that is somehow not biologically available.

I don't think ICP has any value for Nitrate, Phosphate, Alk, Salinity or Nitrate. I pay for an ICP about once per year to see if I have any metals that I don't otherwise test for, and it is also useful for seeing how far off my Ca test is.

Nitrate and Phosphate are too high when algae or cyano is a problem, or coral is doing badly. I do test Nitrate if everything else is fine, but only to check if it is too low and am experimenting with dosing it. I do test Phosphate but only to decide when to change my GFO.

Alk doesn't matter at all what the absolute value is, only that its consistent. So any hobbyist test works fine even if it isn't that accurate.

I highly recommend a High Precision Hydrometer from Tropic Marin for salinity. Even if you use something else to monitor it, it is a good check if that something else is accurate. Your salinity appears very low from the ICP test - you do have Sodium and Chloride reported.

Thank you Brad for your input. I assume that the phosphate result must be false. I do have some algae in the tank but nothing out of the control and also running GFO.

I have well water so I was expecting some of the minerals to be present, when first tested it the iron was very high so I installed whole house filtration with KDF filter.
Not sure why I have Chloride I run RO\DI for my fish water so I would think that should remove it. I am not stressing too much about it because my fish are healthy and corals mostly LPS and zoas are doing well.

As far as for the fish the lions are in the tank downstairs. The other fish you mentioned are in the main tank upstairs. Fu Man chu requires target feeding. If you have small fish she would probably eat it. When I purchased her I put her in 20g quarantine tank and started feeding with live ghost shrimp and from time to time a live guppy. While feeding live food I introduced Mysis shrimp (large ones) and few weeks after she started eating those as well. Now mostly I feed pieces of silverside soaked in selcon. Depends on the size I cut the silverside into small pieces and give her a piece with most guts.

Looking at your ICP, your salinity is around 1.020. If your calibrated refractometer and hanna salinity tester are in agreement, coral is doing well, and since the ICP reported ridiculously high Phosphate, I'd write the whole report off as an error. Looking at the *other* forum, there are a lot of negative experiences with "ICP- Analysis" and no positive ones. I hate to tell you wasted your money, but I'd stick with ATI or Triton next time and consider this an investment in your education about not believing everything the marketing promises.

Yep, that's what I thought too, They lost my first sample and never replied to any my emails. Oh well you live you learn :)

Dinner time

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/NTQFOMZxzRU" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ANbeW_byUa4" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back