Drukkosz Upgrade

Was at my LFS few days ago and pulled a trigger on that little beauty. Set up a 20g quarantine tank and he is doing great. Eating like little piggy.

90%of the plumbing has been done, the white parts are temporary and will be cut when the 125g is moved. In meantime I will use the tub as a temp sump.
Hopefully his weekend (if the baby wont arrive first) I will fill it up with water and test all the connections and flow to the tank upstairs. I have Reef Octopus Water Blaster HY-12500W and hoping it will handle the height.

Tell your wife she can't let the baby out until you are done with the tank setup! You are so close, she can hold it just a little longer!

Tell your wife she can't let the baby out until you are done with the tank setup! You are so close, she can hold it just a little longer!

haha I wish! I am close but the tank move will be a big job. Still would like to create a rock structure similar to yours. Also need to decide on lighting for new tank, I am thinking radion G5.

Looking good. So that's where all the PVC clamps have gone. BRS has been out of them for some time:)

Ah yes. I used to buy from Savko and USP many years ago. Not sure why I forgot about them. Thanks for reminding me!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I had a chance to run the water test and honestly it was a disaster. 7 leaks total. 2 loose unions- no big deal, one coupling that I forgot to glue, external overflow dripping between glass and external box and other 3 require to cut and replace the pipes.

Also I am running 1-1/4 pipes from my return pump and needed 1-1/4x1-1/4x1/2 tee, went to four different home improvements stores and no body had any.

I still dont understand how the leaks developed there, I used good quality glue with primer, cleaned all the pipes, applied glue to both ends and twisted pipes while gluing.

to fix the external overflow leak I decided to put an extra 2 bulkhead gaskets, went to LFS to purchase them, then after draining the water and removing overflow I noticed this:

even thickness was different. Luckily LFS had more so i was able to exchange it.

Oh and my 10 years old apex stopped working over the weekend (eb8) so there goes another $800 :headwalls:

I got so frustrating that had to take few days off from the tank.

It was a good time to focus on my other projects so I restored a fire hydrant:

Plumbing is finally fixed and tested. So far so good. Next step is rock structure. I purchased few pieces of the foundation rock from BRS and will try to use my excising live rock to build the structures.

Also this little guy arrived last week! Future reefer.

Finally had some time to work on the aquascape After watching Nathan I decided to give it a try. I have to admit it was really enjoyable. I used my live rock that I broke into pieces and used the glue and sand method.

If you planning on doing that make sure you have a plenty of glue. I think I am on 6 bottle right now, also I like the glue masters medium glue better then thin, I would recommended to get both, some spots are hard to get so the thin glue works good there but mostly I used the medium because it doesn't drip everywhere. make sure you wear good gloves this glue will burn your skin - know from experience.

I was able to keep the rock alive by keeping it in 100g tub that is my sump at the moment.

Oh the black background was provided to you by a Pizza Box!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/2ORPbO9Az1k" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/6HanXOm4XIY" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This is just a little remainder to everyone how important is to quarantine your new fish.

Purchased this little guy few weeks back from LFS together with a male leopard wrasse.

They were both doing great and all the sudden Tang started to show some kind of infection. At first I thought he has injury possibly from running into something after being spooked.

Unfortunately after few days he started to look worse.

I started the treatment combining furan-2 plus kanaplex and metroplex

He was still eating well so I had hope. Wrasse didn't show any symptoms.

Few days later:

Unfortunately He didn't make it.
In 12 years of reefing I never had a fish that was sick like that during quarantine. Yes I had some die but never got sick :(. Sad day

Water is in, I did more work on the NSA aquascape and I really like how it came out. tons of holes and places for the fish to swim through. the separate island on the right is strictly for the anemones- I think I have over 20 of them in my old tank.

Unfortunately nothing can just go right ever in this build, and I have noticed that the sump I am planning on using it has a leak.

I purchased Weldon 16 online and hoping I can patch it somehow when it arrives......

Great job with the aquascap, I love it! Bummer about the sump. Weldon then clamping it together tight may do the trick!

Lights finally came. I decided to go with Coralcare gen2. After researching lights for over two months I think they will be perfect for my tank. I know they are not as powerful as radions or kessil but they dont have to be. Plenty of power for my needs. And they are silent no noisy fans only bad thing so far is that they are HEAVY 20lb heavy!

Also was waiting for something special to show up on live aquaria and yesterday was that day!

Fallowing our guru Nathan here I purchased:

2x captive bred yellow tangs,

Bella Goby (Bonded Pair)

and a Caribbean Yucatan Cleaner Shrimp

Getting the quarantine tank ready again :)

Back