Drukkosz Upgrade

Lights are up and running, Because of the weight and the way my ceiling slops I had to get creative.
I ordered those heavy duty wall brackets that were rated 50lb and my external walls are concrete so I used 6in concrete fasteners to secure them to the wall. It was extremely scary to hang those lights but I think that should work.

Still need to play with the lighting setup.

What I really like about them right now are the diffuses. you can actually sit in front of your tank and be comfortable.

Also more bad news about the live aquaria order. They canceled the shrimp due her injury. And when I received the package yesterday the heat packets were completely discharged and water was cold. One yellow tang didn't make it. Other looks pretty beat up too.

Is it normal for them to have their face so white when they are little? And a little I mean size of a quarter.

On the other hand the Bella gobies are beautiful. They already rearranged all the sand in the quarantine tank.

Yes those captive bred yellow tangs are little and a few have quite a bit of white in and around the face. I think that is normal and it has already turned more yellow on a couple of mine.

It has been busy last few days. But here is a little update.
I was able to fix the sump, that was a huge relief because all new sumps I searched are different dimensions that the one I have so I would have to redo bunch of the plumbing and with the pipes being painted that's a major headache.
I used a Weldon 16 and 6x1 piece of acrylic to glue over the leak and was able to stop it.

Slowly started moving corals and fish. I have to say so far I am really liking the Coracare lights, I see some colors on the corals that I have not seen before.

So far I was able to catch and transfer:
2 blue Chromis
Orange spotted goby
6 Lyretail Anthias -2 males and 4 females will add 2 more females later.
Captive bred purple Dottyback
Pair of Leopards Wrasses
Captive bred Yellow tang
Captive bred cleaner goby
Bella goby
2x cleaning shrimp

I just love that little yellow tang. Hi is so cute just swimming between all the rocks. The NSA aquascape is awesome, I think fish really like swimming through all the openings.

Peekaboo

Also I made a little floating shelf for my Trachy:

It took few days but finally was able to catch my 10 years old snowflakes. My goal was to catch them together to minimalize the stress

This trachy was one of my first corals I have purchased so its over 12 years old. And it looks perfectly splendid today!

Wow all the fish look great! Especially the clowns and leopard wrasses. Glad everything seems to be going smoothly now!

Thank you Alex.

Took a quick video of the progress so far. Still more fish to catch and corals to move.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/GP4F-oir8TU" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Like I mentioned earlier more fish have arrived.

I placed another order from live Aquaria and Biota, I really like the idea of captive bred fish, yes they are small but extremely healthy, eat shortly after being introduced to quarantine tank and I actually like that they are small so I can see them grow.

I got:
-Yellow Watchman Goby, Captive-Bred ORA

-Forktail Blenny Captive-Bred, Biota

-Biota Yellow Tang

- Biota Court Jester Goby x3

Oh live aquaria had again Caribbean Yucatan Cleaner Shrimp available. Now I know why they photograph her on black substrate:

Do you see her?

How about now?

Its been awhile so here is a little update. No surprise that there was more problems and issues.

I have ordered a big generator few weeks back but because of the shipping, it would take few weeks for it to be delivered. During that time and big storm we have had few weeks back I lost power for over 3 days. I was forced to buy another one from Home Depot just to keep basic live support for fish as well as essential items in the house: septic, well water, fridge's, freezers etc. Wife and my little dude were forced to move in with in-laws for that time (no heat).

I was forced to put all the fish from quarantine systems (two of them) to my main display, luckily so far all of them survived but some other fish have ick now. So water maintenance and lots of good quality food has been applied.

I also shut down the old 125g tank, the original plan was to use it together with the new setup but unfortunately I cannot catch a brake and after emptied it, I noticed that all the inside silicone was starting to peel off.
I was actually able to remove both overflows with simply pooling them off with my hand.

Oh and my pipe cutter broke while I was removing all pipes :headwallblue: It was time to buy new one anyway but the timing sucked.

The trial and tribulations of reef keeping! The day after we returned from the hospital when my son was born, Hurricane Sandy blew through, knocked the power out at night and for the next 3 or 4 days.

Thankfully, I had bought a generator earlier that summer. I still vividly remember going out in the dark, rainy, huge wind gusts and lightning, getting the generator setup and running. It was the first time I had to run it so there was so much uncertainty, it was crazy.

Anyways, my wife had to go stay with my parents with our new born and 2 year old for the week. I would go see them during the day but stayed at our house during the night with the generator running. Good times!

Back