DSPS tank from Thailand (1000 gallon+)

about 90 post left to the 2nd split! The tank looks gorgeous can't wait to see the corals fill up. The tanks already looks amazing state of the art. And there aren't fish in yet!

Joost. Thank you.
I just want to let the tank cycling for a while.
Will add some fishes soon.

How loud are your drains?

I haven't seen them setup like this in a long time and, as i remember it, there was a lot of noise.

The setup is amazing!

I plan on building a rock structure to mimic the one on the left in my 36x24x31 118XH tank soon.

Thanks,
dantimdad

Your tank comming more beautifull everyday, I love this tank, it's from far the best project I saw here, you prepared evrything so carefully and you are so kind to post this beautifull pics.

What will be the first fish going in?

The refuge is very nice!!
Very smart choice for Chaetomorpha, easy to keep.

From a topic of a very large Brazilian Reef Forum, i tried to translate this, sorry for the english...;

"The green "spaghetti" algae, chaetomorpha, are one of the best algae to export nutients and to produce plancton. It grows quickly, it´s very stable and non agressive,and very adptable to a large sort of light spectrum. With enought water flow to keep the colonie always revolving, Chaetomorpha will go well with every experience degree of tank keeper.
A tip, is, besides refuges usually have a slow water flow, Chaetomorpha likes a strong flow trough its colonie, in a open tank, and better without any rocks at tank bottom, because it likes more to grow in a loose way, always been messed by the water flow.
A good sugestion is to drive the water flow over the surface of the refuge, in a way that it will runs to the end side of the tank, then turning back and down after hit the end panel. This create a rolling flow from up to bottom, keeping turning the Chaetomorpha colonie all the time. None this cause the benefit of all colonie to receive a more regular water flow, but also give the the colonie the chance to be cycling exposed to the light source as it turns with the flow.
Its a popular choice for refuges, as a macroalgae, bettwen old school tank keepers. Instead of Caulerpa, it´s a multicelular organism, and could be strongly cut without fear of vegetable toxins. It´s excess could be easily separeted from the colonie simply pulling it with your hands, grows quickly, colud be keeped with a 1 watt of light per liter of water, in a 30cm maximum deep tank.The water flow must be at least 20 times the total recipient volume. It a excelent place to microorganism life, as zooplancton, for coral nutrition, if you keep it free of predadors as fishes...

SIMPLY AMAZING :spin2:

How long have you been in the hobby (sorry if this has been asked already)?

Truly inspiring, I have much more to learn.

Thanks again for sharing - I'll be following along.

What kind of algae is that?

I would love to see a video of your system running, I mean sump, skimmer, etc.

Thanks again for sharing, inspiring setup.

I have to say Chingchai, forget whatever anybody else says, I think you have your priorities set perfectly. Beautiful reef tanks, amazing theater setup, drink good wine.... Good man. :thumbsup:

I married a Thai women a year ago now, and EVERY Thai person I have met has been sooo extremely kind, caring and accepting, it is amazing. I think the whole world could take a lesson as to how the Thai people are. Our world would be a better place. You absolutely continue that trend.

I also wanted to say thank you for everybody here for posting such amazing details/specs, where you can find these products etc. You have to be helping SO many people realize their own dreams, no matter what scale they are. You certainly are affecting mine, need to get a higher paying job so I can afford bigger tanks! :)

Good luck with the rest of the build, keep up the amazing work!

Bob

same?

same?

Here it is:

IMG_2626.jpg

IMG_2628.jpg

Chingchai

Did all that grow from that little bit I brought you?
Richard TBS:):):)

Beautiful tank!!! I have been following this on almost a daily basis and have enjoyed every second of your build. Nice to see some coral in there too. :)

This is an amazing tank and everything looks so clean and professional but why do you have the cords to the Tunze pumps just hanging behind the tank?

I love the tank and setup. Great Job!

This is an amazing tank and everything looks so clean and professional but why do you have the cords to the Tunze pumps just hanging behind the tank?

I love the tank and setup. Great Job!

Chingchai...it´s your own falt.... :D you set the standarts so high to yourself that now everyone will point "every little black spot on the sun today.."
as Sting used to sing with The Police... :p

What kind of algae is that?

I would love to see a video of your system running, I mean sump, skimmer, etc.

Thanks again for sharing, inspiring setup.

Again....;

From a topic of a very large Brazilian Reef Forum, i tried to translate this, sorry for the english...;

"The green "spaghetti" algae, chaetomorpha, are one of the best algae to export nutients and to produce plancton. It grows quickly, it´s very stable and non agressive,and very adptable to a large sort of light spectrum. With enought water flow to keep the colonie always revolving, Chaetomorpha will go well with every experience degree of tank keeper.
A tip, is, besides refuges usually have a slow water flow, Chaetomorpha likes a strong flow trough its colonie, in a open tank, and better without any rocks at tank bottom, because it likes more to grow in a loose way, always been messed by the water flow.
A good sugestion is to drive the water flow over the surface of the refuge, in a way that it will runs to the end side of the tank, then turning back and down after hit the end panel. This create a rolling flow from up to bottom, keeping turning the Chaetomorpha colonie all the time. None this cause the benefit of all colonie to receive a more regular water flow, but also give the the colonie the chance to be cycling exposed to the light source as it turns with the flow.
Its a popular choice for refuges, as a macroalgae, bettwen old school tank keepers. Instead of Caulerpa, it´s a multicelular organism, and could be strongly cut without fear of vegetable toxins. It´s excess could be easily separeted from the colonie simply pulling it with your hands, grows quickly, colud be keeped with a 1 watt of light per liter of water, in a 30cm maximum deep tank.The water flow must be at least 20 times the total recipient volume. It a excelent place to microorganism life, as zooplancton, for coral nutrition, if you keep it free of predadors as fishes...

OMG! This is an absolutely insane build! I finally got through reading all these pages! Love the aquascape! I can wait to see this tank fully stocked! SUBSCRIBED!

This Build is absurd. I spent just about my entire work day reading threw this entire thing.. Freaking Amazing!! I couldn't begin to think about doing such a project. Not just the funds, but the amount of work and time.. Holly Crap.. I tip my hat off to you Chingchai, very well done. Of course this issue with builds like this are, I go home to my 100gal, and it looks like a fish bowl.

Back