DSPS tank from Thailand (1000 gallon+)

i might of missed this but are you going to paint the background? If so what color?

He has said several times he will not paint the back, but will let the corals cover the view of the back....

______

Watched last night as the tank was cleaned. Looked in tonight. Looks outstanding.

With so much constant attention, I begin to see how the front and sides will stay clean without scratching. It is cleaned so often and so carefully.

img0027cio.jpg
picture of your old tank right?

Yup ......... TOTM in fact! If the new tank fills in anything close to this one the rest of us can retire and just buy tickets to Bankok. My hope continues to be that Ching keeps to plan and does NOT give into our need for immediate gratification. This truly has raised the bar for excellence in this hobby and the proof will continue to be in the planning, execution and PATIENCE. . . . . especially from Ching's fan club!

Peter

Yup ......... TOTM in fact! If the new tank fills in anything close to this one the rest of us can retire and just buy tickets to Bankok. My hope continues to be that Ching keeps to plan and does NOT give into our need for immediate gratification. This truly has raised the bar for excellence in this hobby and the proof will continue to be in the planning, execution and PATIENCE. . . . . especially from Ching's fan club!

Peter

:thumbsup::hammer:

Said it all!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

about 90 post left to the 2nd split! The tank looks gorgeous can't wait to see the corals fill up. The tanks already looks amazing state of the art. And there aren't fish in yet!

Yesterday I replaced VHO T12 48" aquasun x 3 and put 454 in.
The reason is I want to pop up the color of corals.

IMG_2635.jpg

IMG_2636.jpg

IMG_2637.jpg

IMG_2638.jpg

Ching,
I just want to say how impressed I am to follow your thread and to see how you answer and reply to damn near every comment / question on this thread! Amazing ... not only your tank, but your patience as well. Hell of a job!

Jordan. Thanks for your kind words.
Pleasure is all mine.:)

Peter

Well said, Peter! I have been reefing a long time and it has been my experience that patience and slow, methodical steps are what this hobby is all about; the difference between a nice tank and a breathtaking one.

Ching, no doubt you have achieved your dream tank here. It is going to be very exciting to watch it fill in as the corals grow. Two questions for you:
1. About your clam: I've read in some threads that hobbyists bury a rock beneath the sandbed and allow the clam to attach itself; something about problems setting the clam directly on the sandbed. Have you ever encountered problems setting them directly on the sandbed?
2. What product are you using to secure the corals to your rockwork?

Thank you for such an inspiring build!
Sunny

Peter

Peter. Thanks for your kind comments.
Don't say fan club. Let's just be friends.:wavehand:

all I can say is WOW! ! ! ! ! ! ! my mouth droped when I saw this tank ! it is amazing I envy you soo much, I thought I was doing good with my little 70 gallon reef but wow I cant stop thinking how amazing that setup is. You have done a wonderful job and should be very very very proud, I know I would be. Very excellent setup :D

Also could you get some pics of thoes clams ? they look really nice, maybe some close ups of some corals ?

Back