Echotech Vortech MP-40 Propeller Pitch

Does anyone know the pitch / dimensions of the MP-40's propeller? I have one that I upgraded to QD a while back and it spins backwards. Unfortunately I pitched the original driver before I realized the problem. I have seen a bunch of threads about it but I was told I would need a new dry side and I don't think I should need to pay for that. I am just going to pick up an RC boat prop for a couple of bucks but I don't want to stress the unit by picking one that is too dissimilar if I can help it. I'm not familiar with props... can one of you smart folks help me with the correct pitch and dimensions?

Does anyone know the pitch / dimensions of the MP-40's propeller? I have one that I upgraded to QD a while back and it spins backwards. Unfortunately I pitched the original driver before I realized the problem. I have seen a bunch of threads about it but I was told I would need a new dry side and I don't think I should need to pay for that. I am just going to pick up an RC boat prop for a couple of bucks but I don't want to stress the unit by picking one that is too dissimilar if I can help it. I'm not familiar with props... can one of you smart folks help me with the correct pitch and dimensions?

These pics should help..
http://www.****************/entry.php/262-Vortech-Rattling-This-is-the-solution

opps banned link
Anyways..
vortech.jpg

http://min.sg/resources/mariner-formulae-propeller-pitch.asp

Thanks! [MENTION=296038]oreo57[/MENTION] That mariner link helps. I made some rough measurements and then tried to google RC props but apparently they are going to be harder to source than I had thought if I need to make a good match. I may end up seeing if someone can do a decent 3D scan or use a prop generator to make an STL file that can be mirrored and see if someone can do it on a 3D printer. . . Or maybe I can find someone that has an old driver in their junk box... The cost for this is just going up :headwalls:

Have you considered sending it into Ecotech? Try not to assume that what you have been told on the forums is true. I always recommend that when it comes to Ecotech and Tunze, self diagnosis is completely something that you should never do. Knowing too much about the product could be detrimental.

Have you considered sending it into Ecotech? Try not to assume that what you have been told on the forums is true. I always recommend that when it comes to Ecotech and Tunze, self diagnosis is completely something that you should never do. Knowing too much about the product could be detrimental.

Ecotech are the ones who told me to buy a new dry side. I didn't send it in, they just said some weren't compatible even though that wasn't made clear when purchasing the QD driver. At that point I would have paid for a whole new pump so it wasn't really an upgrade anymore.

Back