Eheim Pump Threads

hyperfocal

I'm ordering a couple of Eheim pumps. I understand that their threads are European standard, and aren't a match for the American stand. I really don't want to futz with extra teflon tape or hose-barbs, so I'm hoping someone can refer me to an internet retailer that can supply some sort of converter. Any ideas?

Thanks!

^ Tagging along on this one.. FWIW I heated up a peice of 1/2pvc with a tourch then while it was soft pushed it into the slip fitting of my pump.. let it cool then I removed it and glued it.. Worked great.. But it would be alot Easier if someone makes an adapter.. I've got a Eheim comming for a RT pump on my 35.. Its got larger fittings not sure if the same trick will work.. Would love to have another option!:cool:

are you sure they are metric threads? i used to have a 1250 that i threaded straight into with regular pvc. and i *just* got a 1262 in the mail today and the book says it takes 3/4" threads, but i haven't been home yet to try it.

and i just remembered i've swapped fittings just fine between the eheim on my calcium reactor and a mag2.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6547107#post6547107 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Gwoardnog
My 1262 output hooks directly into a 3/4" female fitting just dandy.

You meant a 3/4" male fitting right? Yes the 1262 has 3/4" female pipe thread on the discharge end. Teflon tape still recommended.

From my experience 3/4 PVC MPT does appear to fit the 1262 pump, but unless you use ALOT of Teflon tape and get lucky it will have a slow leak.

Using Teflon tape I was able to get the return line to stop leaking but was never able to get the intake line to stop leaking completely.
I am using the pump for a closed loop system and had to end up using a sort piece of tubing for an adaptor on the intake line.

Back