Elder's 16 foot 350 gallon build

Thanks for the vid's, if you're bored try and get more creative with the videos. Instead of just setting a camera at one end, which is cool, but I know you can do better. You have a lot of cool stuff going on there, show it off!!

Update on Tank.
So the short story is that I had a velvet outbreak and lost a few fish. This provoked me to pull every fish from the tank and restock. Don't worry all the fish went to good homes and hospital tanks. From what I can gather 95% made it so this was good and I ended up stocking a few Friends tanks in the possess.

I have re setup my QT tanks to better handle what is needed for my tank. The standard setup just did not work for me.

Old Qt Setup

New Qt Setup

I dumped the standard tank and setup 1 20 gallon nuvo fusion and 2 10 gallon fusions that will run all the time. This is a old picture and will post new ones once I catch up. Have lights on the bottom tanks now and they are running.
For larger fish I have a brand new 75 gallon tank sitting under my stand that will be set up as needed for tangs and so on.

I also changed out my sump to white as it seemed to look and work a lot better. I got the idea of a sump that I build for a local store. I liked it so much well the white I switched out mine.

This is the sump I built for the local store.

Here is my new sump getting glued up.

Old sump on my tank.

And the new sump installed.

Last edited:
I have also spent the time to get my DOS and DDR setup. I am going to re wire the whole apex soon.

d
FTS. (this is 2 weeks old but will update later)

Great job on the build. Nice and clean.
Just curious as to why you put the black trimming around the tank? Is it just for looks?

Great job on the build. Nice and clean.
Just curious as to why you put the black trimming around the tank? Is it just for looks?

Yes its just for looks... When I first built the tank it just did not look right without it. I have the water line just touching it when the wave action is off. This seems to frame out the water column and in my eyes look right.

It also helps keep water that i spill on top of the tank confined to that location. I think without it there would be a lot more water on my floor.

Tank Update!
First minute is of my black cap jaw fish, The tank starts at 1:10...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGauuOHI_JQ

New fish are in !!!!
I would like to thank Red and The Coral Reef Shop for these amazing fish.
Here are the new Naso's

I also today ordered a few upgrades to the tank from reefsupplies.ca, I am going to be adding the ALD to my apex with 3 low-profile probes. I will also be changing my Jebo's that I currently run with the Apex WAV. I ended up going with 4 WAV pumps and 2 modules. The other option I was going to go with was the Maxspect Gyre XF130 x4 but it lost the coin toss .

I will also be adding 1 more AFS to try to curb any aggression that is bound to show up due to the new inhabitants of my tank. Also a VDM module for some projects I have planed.

The QT systems are now just 1 Nuvo 20 fusion with a apex jr and Hydor ATO. I am selling 1 of the Nuvo 10s and gave away the other as I never used them.

I just put in a few more corals as well and will be updating my posts with pic's/video soon.

Back