Elegance Coral - new & my only coral - is something wrong??

Beautiful coral, nothing looks out of the ordinary there at all.

Side note, huh! Someone actually uses those built in cloud and t-storm features!

If your tank is clean and stable enough to keep an elegance coral for three months and have it thrive, you would be fine adding your tang. Just make sure you add a tang suitable for your tank size.

Edited to add that the coral is beautiful

Thank you, crawlerman, for your kind words on my coral.

Hopefully the white tail bristletooth we just added will be very happy. Our tank is technically 112 gallons..not sure why I say technically as it is 112 gallons with a 30 gallon (or maybe a bit more) refugium. It is 6 ft long though (not 4 ft) which was a requirement we had as we wanted a tang and although we successfully kept a Naso and a yellow tang in a 75 gallon aquarium that was only 4 or 5 ft long 15 yrs ago (we didn't know better), we wanted the most amt of swimming room we could get for him.

Also, we had pondered adding the white tail along with a smaller yellow but decided why tempt fate with 2 tangs. For additional "color" we should rely on adding corals.

We added our bristletooth this past weekend along with one of our last acquisitions, a blue throat trigger. They are both eating well and swimming all over the tank.

Unfortunately our shrimp and Randall's Goby combo have gone into hiding. Our 4 fire fish went into hiding until 3 popped back out today.

Karen your elegance is beautiful! I'm too chicken to try one (also I am out of room :) )

Thank you, CindyK! LOL...I don't blame you for being chicken. Once again, I made a mistake when I should have known better and got overly excited when I saw the coral at my LFS and got it w/o asking about what it needs, how sensitive it might be, etc. - ALL the questions I normally ask about fish, etc...I did not even ASK!

I also love your signature line about taking stupid questions to a whole new level...I may borrow that!! I feel like the Queen of asking the obvious lately. Thankfully everyone has been more than gracious.

Beautiful coral, nothing looks out of the ordinary there at all.

Side note, huh! Someone actually uses those built in cloud and t-storm features!

sde1500...you cracked me up!! LOL..yes, we do...and I swear the timing of the dang thing must be 'human motion activated' as every time we approach the tank WITH camera in hand...."here comes the rain..."......

Then when we tell someone about the thunderstorm feature...I swear we can be in the room the ENTIRE day...and NOTHING. Want a video of all the fish out swimming right after a water change and everything is sparkling and lovely...and here come back to back storms.

I swear the thing (ight system) is sentient (AI coming soon to a tank near you).

Back