Emergency helo! Urchin losing spines

Now3

Hey guys I got this urchin about a month ago. I noticed today some spines are lost.

Its been hanging out at the front of my glass the past week or so near the top, thats all it does. It was hanging out at the refugium pump and touching it (small pump, 100gph). Could this have torn some out?

Parameters:

Calcium: 395ppm
Mag: 1275ppm
Alk: 7.4dKH (pretty low but sps is fine)
Nitrates: 0ppm (tested with Red Sea kit twice)
Nitrites: 0ppm
Ammonia: 0ppm (tested by APi, not the best but I dont see why there would be ammonia)
Phosphates: 0ppm (also tested by API)

I run a protein skimmer and refugium w/ chaeto and bio media on this tank. Lots of live rock and sand.

Theres algae in this tank but its all pretty much dead. I tried to feed him nori but he just lets go of it.

Yesterday I added 15 snails (10 astrae and 5 cerith). Stock is 2 clownfish and 1 lawnmower blenny, 40 gallon tank.

What's wrong??
9654e1d643d773d49177a9b9cc59a5c2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Your alk and calcium are low. Your magnesium barely ok. My sig lines has parameters that may help it. Raise your alk to 8.3 and calcium to 420. The alk is the most urgent. Dunno if that will help fast enough, but if there's nothing else wrong (like something added that's harmful) it may help.

And sometimes things just die...... had a tuxedo that bit the dust after quite sometime. Not sure what happened there.

Back