End of life recommendations?

After 35 years I am looking at getting out of the reef keeping hobby. I don't get much joy out of it and we want to travel a lot more. I was wondering if anyone here has gone through the process or has any suggestions as to how to approach it.

I'm going to talk to my LFS owner next time I am in to see if they are interested in any of the livestock. I'm more interested in finding them a new home than making money.

27 gallon anemone tank with lots of rock anemones, a tube worm, a Haddon's anemone and two clowns.
20230111_140130.jpg

90 gallon reef tank that is dominated by Galaxea, blue ridge, a monti, polyps and leathers.
20230111_135723.jpg

And of course lots of used equipment, thinking ebay
  • 2 Seio M1500 circ pumps (ancient)
  • 2 Mars Hydwo 165w (2020)
  • 1 Mars Aqua 165w (2018, needs to be replaced)
In a stock tank sump in the basement:
  • Pan World NH 150PS sump return pump
  • 2 Pulsafeeder 3GPD pumps for evap makeup and calcium reactor (2018, 2020)
  • ASM G4 skimmer and Sedra 5000 pump (2012 2018) + spare impeller
  • Korallin C3002 calcium reactor, pump and regulator (2004, 2022)
  • Pinpoint temp controller
  • Home-brewed algae scrubber and kalk reactor
  • The usual misc heaters, timers, MJs, testers, supplies, and books

Usually people will sell livestock, then equipment, then any left overs. If you want to get rid of it quick, best to sell as a complete set up for a low price. One thing to consider with selling to an LFS is they usually only offer store credit and not cash

I recently sold my 250 I had for 9 years.
Whatever I had, I listed @ 1/2 of what I paid for it, when I bought it.
At todays prices a bargain.
Everything equipment wise went in 1 shot, + I threw in many extras( I just was happy to do all @ once).
The tank took a while longer but did go.
If you want less it should do better.
If you do list it @ least use your location in the post please.

Make a post for Facebook and offer up to see if somebody wants everything. But your equipment is not that fancy.
That’s what I was going to suggest
COMPLETE SET UP - ready to /pick up

When I first started to consider a new tank first place I looked was Facebook marketplace for anyone near me.

Back