ever biten by a trigger?

Klaus777

Just curious as my niger trigger is getting closer and closer every time my hand goes in the tank. Today, I swear he licked me to see if I was tasty or not.

I hand feed most of my fish (mainly my french since he's picky and I want to fatten him up) and my clown trigger (4") got a little too excited and nipped me once. Definitely caught me of guard and hurt a little, but didn't break skin. Needless to say, when he comes flying after the food, I let it go before he gets to me :D

I have been bitten by a green trigger when I was deep sea fishing, it broke the skin and the nail talk about a bloody mess. I was ok though and the trigger tasted ok from what I remember.

My female crosshatch attacks me every time I clean the tank but doesn't break the skin. The male leaves me alone.

Well, by the sounds of it I've put my fingers into things that hurt worse than a trigger bite..lol. I was just a little worried because of those teeth. Thanks for the replies.

A niger bit me once and it was quite messy ( Trigger was 14"+) lots of blood but he didn't know any better

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15500002#post15500002 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by nikon187
A niger bit me once and it was quite messy ( Trigger was 14"+) lots of blood but he didn't know any better

That's a big trigger, mines only about 6 or 7". I shew mine away but I'm not sure if that just gets his motor going rather that deter him.
I saw some photos on the web of bites but only in diving incidences. they still looked unpleasant.

Yeah i still have a scar on my right hand. He was in a large tank, 280g, and I'm sure quite old. I was cleaning it and stopped paying attention to the niger and I guess he got curious :)

I've gotten bitten by a couple of my triggers, but they've never drawn blood. A foot long midas cichlid though left a good sized scar on my right arm. They are meaner than triggers, but freshwater.

I have been chased many times by a Titan Trigger. I had to beat it off with my camera equipment. It tried to nail me in the face. Of course, that would not be relevant to the OP question. :D

I've been bitten by a niger (small, didn't break skin) a huma (medium, just broke the skin), and a clown (medium, just broke the skin.

My blue jaw male bit me for the first time yesterday. Normally feed the pair by hand with no issues, I think he got a bit excited and over anxious. Just barely broke the skin, but scared the crap out of me.

I always wear gloves now, but yes I was bitten a couple of times by a Huma Huma in my former tank, he just curious. Certainly not as bad as being bitten by a Porcupine Puffer which I had happen a few times too.

i was bitten by my old clown trigger...dosent hurt as much as i thought it was gonna...didnt even break the skin..now getting stung by my lionfish is another story! hehe

LOL. It seems that Humu's like to bite.

My humu bit me while cleaning my tank. It scared me more than it hurt. I initially thought I was being shocked.

Yeah i have been bitten by a couple of my triggers before.The worst was when i was trying to get my troublesome 7" indian trigger out of the tank for a time out.I had him pinned in a net and covered him with my hand.Well his mouth was right at the palm of my hand and he took a nice chunk out of my palm.Blood spewed everywhere in the tank and it hurt heck.

Yes, my 6" male Blue Throat got me and a few of my friends. He was just a very keen feeder and fingers got in the way sometimes. Blood was drawn every time.

Back