External filter, Sunsun?

That looks like a toy! No pun intended. Actually, it looks like more of a cheap pond unit and I doubt you will find anybody with any first hand experience with that thing..

Given that we are talking about light bulbs in the water, I wouldn't chance something like that. Especially one that was marketed by a company named "Tech N Toy". Instead, I'd want something proven that is widely supported with parts readily available.

Personally, I use AquaUV and for good reason. Their units are tried and true and have not changed in years. That and they don't make toys. Instead they make quality UV filters that are damn near bullet proof and easy to service. Best is that they back them great support and service along with parts available through virtually any aquarium retailer. At least any retailer here in the US.

Now if you want feedback on AquaUV sterilizers, you can find plenty of feedback on those simply because that is by far the most recommended and widely used UV filter out there based on my experience.

Last edited:
Back