Fallow period but keeping Ruby red dragonet in DT

Mightyfish

Eventhough i have quarantined kole tang for over 2 months unfortunately it has come up with ich and it is in my DT. So far it is only the kole tang comes up with ich all other fish are fine but i guess i have to take all fish out for treatment and leave tank fallow for 72 days again. There is one fish that i really dont want to romove from DT is ruby red dragonet. It is a very difficult to keep fish and third time lucky this male i got is very active and not shy. It constantly out and about looking for food and looks like i can keep it for long term. However, if i move him to QT he wont stand a chance to live due to nearly zero pods for it to eat. Dragonet has thick slime and is more ich resistant. If i keep it in DT would the fallow period of time be just a waste of time since there is a fish in the tank. What is your thoughts on that please? I really don't know why ich returned i previously fallow the DT for 3 months and all new fish which are only four of them have been quarantined for over 2 months. In saying that i didn't quarantine ruby red dragonet due to the reason i mentioned above
Please give me some guidance .

The chance you are taking by leaving him in the DT is the ich may
attack the gills where the slim coat is not.

I put a red dragonet in my tank without quarantine and I am sure that he brought Ich into my tank as the other fish had been there for several months. He looked fine so being new I thought no problem. I lost all but one clown. I thought I could treat them with garlic. What a dumb move. After 3 months watching the shrimp and snails nothing is going in without being quarantined.

The chance you are taking by leaving him in the DT is the ich may
attack the gills where the slim coat is not.

Point taken so it will die of hunger in QT or die of ich artack gills in DT. I feel so bad for this little one. If its breathing stay normal in DT would it mean it may have avoided gill attack?

It there is a fish in the DT, then it's not fallow. That fish will serve as a host for the ich, even if you can't see it. IMO, it would be a waste of time.

I put a red dragonet in my tank without quarantine and I am sure that he brought Ich into my tank as the other fish had been there for several months. He looked fine so being new I thought no problem. I lost all but one clown. I thought I could treat them with garlic. What a dumb move. After 3 months watching the shrimp and snails nothing is going in without being quarantined.

Did yr red dragonet come up with visually white spots on itd body or its breathing is very fast? Did red dragonet survive the ich attack

I guess you can try buying pods in bottles for now and start culturing them.. or sell the fish back to LFS. I had to sell my mandarin during fallow period..

Back