Far From Stock NC24

The mods required more imagination and creativity than anythiing else. The most difficult part was making it look clean but as far as cramming in all the lights it was quite easy. I did solder all the connections and used heat shrink tube to seal it. You can just use those caps that screw onto the wires to insulate them. Anyone needing help can just PM me for my AIM SN and I can help.

I got the 70W MH from aquabuys off of ebay...they also have thier own website at aquabuys.com. There is a vendor on nano-reef.com that sells a similar kit as well under the username DrLamp or LampDr. Nanocustoms.com also sells the kit and you can get matching quick disconnect cables (like the stock ones) and Chris offers excellent service as well as the other sellers I mentioned.

Here is a link to my other posts:
http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=63151

I'm actually going to upgrade this tank to a custom 65g. I'll be selling the hood when I do. I'm also setting up a 6g NC with probably more light than this NC24. It's almost done...I'll share it here when it's complete.

Here are some FTS.

First is with all PC lights on 2x9W Actinic, 2x36W 50/50, 1x36W Actinic all on:
PCFTS.jpg

With all PC and MH on:
MhFTS.jpg

Shot with partial stand / ReefKeeper / Titan Chiller:
EquipmentFTS.jpg

Bottom Up shot:
BottomUpFTS.jpg

AMAZING

AMAZING

That is truely pressing the envelope for what can be achieved in the nano 12. That light settup would make Maguiver blush. Have you had problems with alage, or heat? I would like to see how your corals grow and progress under such intense lighting.:D :D

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7008724#post7008724 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by jfw60
That is truely pressing the envelope for what can be achieved in the nano 12. That light settup would make Maguiver blush. Have you had problems with alage, or heat? I would like to see how your corals grow and progress under such intense lighting.:D :D

It's actually a 24g nano. I had temperature problems in the begining but solved it with cooling fans in the lid pointing at the water connected to the ReefKeeper for evap cooling and the Titan helps too.

All the corals grew in nicely. I've lost a few corals here and there but overall health of the ones that made it past a month have been really great.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7008751#post7008751 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by richfavinger
OH MY GOD! :eek1:
The fish, I'm blind, I'm blind!
Hows the heat?

Rich

Heat's not an issue...I've got plenty of fans. The exhaust fan near the MH feels like a blow drier set on low and the entire hood is only slightly warm to the touch.

Here is the pic of my feeding lid fans that I installed...they're connected to the ReefKeeper and turns on when temperature gets too high. I haven't seen my NanoCube reach 80deg sinc this mod.

My temperature range is approx. 77.5-79deg.

feedinglid.jpg

I have a Titan 150 Chiller and the fans in the lid connected to my ReefKeeper for evap cooling. Temperture is never an issue with this tank.

Nice fnas...i didnt see that post before i asked about the heat. sorry :)

Thsts really cool...it looks like the switch was meant to be ther ;)

Whats your ambiant room temp? I was looking at the titan but my room temps can get in the 80s and i dont know that it would be enough. Thanks

I was working on an ATO but got lazy and never got around to it. I'm upgrading soon so why bother.

During the summer the ambient can climb up to the 90s but every little bit helps. I know the titan's ability to chill depends on ambient but what are you going to do if you don't have one?

Back