Fatigue mat under rimless tank

davidadelp

Harbor freight has these fatigue mats for 7.99 and they are 1/2" thick would this work for under a rimless 60 cube? I think the ones mr aqua sells are like 11.99 and I would need 2 in order to fit the fatigue mat I would only need one. Just wasn't sure if it'd be a good idea. I've looked at the foam insulation board at lowes but I don't want a ugly green piece of foam under my tank

Harbor freight has these fatigue mats for 7.99 and they are 1/2" thick would this work for under a rimless 60 cube? I think the ones mr aqua sells are like 11.99 and I would need 2 in order to fit the fatigue mat I would only need one. Just wasn't sure if it'd be a good idea. I've looked at the foam insulation board at lowes but I don't want a ugly green piece of foam under my tank

cork works well

These aren't cork they are just a black foam there comes 4 to a pack they interlock like a puzzle I'd have to cut the edges off to make it even with my tank

I just went ahead and got the mr aqua mat from marine depot. After reading the same question posted on here by others and many saying the fatigue mats aren't meant for water or the chance to be real wet and mold being a issue. I just decided to go with what we know works and is made for rimless tanks

It is only for rimless tanks with no bottom trim. They need something to sit on that will take the shape of what they are resting on and allow even pressure along the bottom glass of the tank. If the tank sat directly on something that was uneven in some way the tank could fail.

vibration is my guess

Its for uneven or structural deficiency's in stands. The mat evens the pressure out accross the stand so there is no one point of the aquarium that is receiving more pressure. Uneven pressure points on tanks that don't have trim could cause massive failure.

Back