Faulty stream 3

sak

One of my 4 stream 3's just stopped working. The power adapter,controller along with the impeller are all fine. On removing the impeller from its chamber i noticed the copper motor windings are clearly visible in the chamber. Just wondering if other stream3 users may have noticed anything like this when cleaning the pump.

The inside of the Stream 3 is clear on older models, you can see the internal workings of the motor including the copper. On later units we sanded the tube to make it frosted so you cannot see this and now it is black. We thought people would think it was cool, but instead it tended to cause alarm. If the water was touching the copper, within a matter of minutes it would no longer be bright shiny copper but green/blue. I forwarded your email to Tunze UK for support on the motor issue.

Thanks for your help Roger really appreciate it. Funny I used to run the 6100's on my tank many moons ago never had any issues with them. Hoping this is a one of as I've got 4 stream 3's on my present system.

Back