Favia Show Off Thread

Yikes! That is a Keeper! Sweet Baby's Breath..
When it grows a bit, it'll be a real Showpiece.

Matthew
Again, I feel a touch of Envy

I guess I'll post a couple of pics of my favia's..baby's breath...

DSC00159.jpg

Here is the sponge bob via (snipersps)

DSC00157.jpg

Here is my new frag of cosmic swirl via (Chris)..fell over while I was at work..top was burnt.

DSC00119.jpg

Last edited:
Do you have a better pic? Not being critical, I just want to see more detail(s) in the coral. Looks darn neat from what I see.

Matthew

Here is a new wild colony I picked up from a local fish store..thought it had some really unique pigmentation..calling this one the "Alien Nightmare"...hahahaha

DSC00122-1.jpg

Thanks. Almost have a name for it, getting closer... It probably is the same species as what is considered to be a prism favia, that is my best guess. Those are cool N1vram. Like that new pickup SPS!

Wow! I want to abduct the "Alien Nightmare"! That is a DREAM Favia. Where the heck do you find ones like that?
All of the recent pics seem to be absolute screamers. All I can say is...
FAVIA Forever!

Matthew

OOps,
Thanks for the last Raptor pic Andy. About 50 megatons of potential there. But I imagine you already know that. LOL

Matthew

Thanks Mathew..the raptor and sponge bob I got from snipersps..I found the "alien nightmare" at a local fish store..it was just sitting kinda neglected at the bottom of one of their holding tanks..lol...ive never seen this color/pigmentation pattern before...a real diamond in the rough...

Okay. After cruising this thread I am now hooked on Favias. Awesome colonies in here. I only have a couple in my mostly SPS dominated 180GA. I have a couple of favias and here is a picture of my used to be favorite favia. The Prism Favia. I have only had it for 6-7 months and has 3 new mouths since.

Attachments

• IMG00025-20090827-2005.jpg
    IMG00025-20090827-2005.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 3
Back