Feather duster lost its filter

jjudd1068

It was fine this morning, but I went out too look again and all of its duster was GONE. He still comes out some, as if hes trying too spread it out. There is no sign of it (that I can find) in the aquarium. Is this a normal shed and regrow thing or is it terminal? Did he do it or did something else do it? I have a red coris wrasse, a coral beauty angel, and a pair of maroon clowns in with it. none of them is large enough (i think) too bite the thing off. there is jagged edges or anything. The whole filter is just missing.

Feather Duster Link

Read that. It says they can discard their crowns when SEVERELY DISTURBED. i would say the angel is after it. I know some fish chow on the casing of feather dusters like it's their last meal. Most angels aren't reef safe to my knowledge

one of mine was so stressed that it vacated its tube, moved to a new location, and made a new tube. but i dont know if it ever lost its crown? i ever saw it without it

Been putting off getting rid of that angel, but looks like the time has come. he harrasses some of my corals too. I got him when I just wanted a swim tank, and was reluctant in a hope it works out kinda way, but rats. Gonna miss him =(

Back